• '16

Hi group !

I’m new to the A&A world and have just ordered both AA50 and AA Guadalcanal games.
    From Guadalcanal, what I like most its simplicity and the combat system with its air-sea-land steps.

I’m a big fan of the Pacific campaign and - of course - have skimmed through the AA Pacific rules and I have found them very interesting. In BBG, some say this is the best game in the series.

I was thinking of purchasing this as well but, with the release of new AA50, do you think this game somehow being overlapped with it ?

IMHO, this game needs a revision, to incorporate cruisers for instance, and maybe the map needs another fresh look. I hope AH/Larry do it …

Greetings
    Rafael

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Warrafael!

It’s always possible that Larry will update Pacific, but who knows for sure?  In the meantime, AA50 certainly doesn’t make it obsolete.  They’re two completely different games, and each has features to recommend it.

Should you buy it now or wait for an update?  There’s no real way of knowing.  :?

• I think Pacific is a blast right out of the box.

I’m sure a quick perusal of the Variants and House Rules sections will provide you with additional rules for adding Cruisers.

The ‘next’ game is likely to be in the vein of D-Day, BOTB and G’canal. I would also wager on an Eastern Front battle but it is difficult to be certain.

• '16

Thanks for your answers !

That’s probably true. Larry may want to develop something new at a middle scale rather than going back to a work that he did not even finish (as far as I know by reading his forum).

So I could not resist and ordered the last copy of my nearest online store … :-D

About the house rules, are they under the common House Rules forum ?
    or is there any central place for house rules of this game only ?

Rafael
    Spain

• Official Q&A

There is only one House Rules forum, but there are also house rules articles organized by game here.

• Krieg, I was thinking of the House Rules Forum and the Other Variants Forum.

Tough slog there though.

• @warrafael:

Thanks for your answers !

That’s probably true. Larry may want to develop something new at a middle scale rather than going back to a work that he did not even finish (as far as I know by reading his forum).

So I could not resist and ordered the last copy of my nearest online store … :-D

About the house rules, are they under the common House Rules forum ?
    or is there any central place for house rules of this game only ?

Rafael
    Spain

I would rate Pacific as probably the best to the series along with Classic.  I have posted some house rules for expanding the game to 6 players here

http://www.axisandallies.org/taxonomy/term/38

which might give you some ideas.  I have pretty thoroughly playtested them in my summer gaming class, and it appears to be just about perfectly balanced when using them.  Adding Cruisers would be quite straightforward, as long as you have the A&A50 battle board and data.  I plan on working on adding them in the next few weeks.  With the A&A50 and Guadalcanal pieces, you should have more than enough units to work with.  I am also working on an expansion using random event cards, that in initial playtesting does not appear to effect balance at all, but does add a bit of unpredictability to the game.

• '16

Once again, Thank you very much !

It is certainly more interesting to add more than 3 players in the game, but I’m having difficulties to find even one (not by PBEM or online I mean).

I’d love to see your cruiser rules when they are ready.

Rafael

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m