• I do not listen to much band music… :(

• thats too bad… but if someday you just walk over to the local CD store in L.A, remember to pick up some CD’s… “the bends” by radiohead, “ok computer” by radiohead (rated 4th best album OF ALL TIME BY ANY BAND by rolling stone) and “yankee hotel foxtrot” by wilco, which is in my opinion by far the best album of 2002.

• Even though I do not get much time to listen to band music, I can agree with some of your choices. My favorite from RadioHead is Kid A and I have listened to Summer Teeth from Wilco. I am not an expert, so I do not know how compare, but good music is good music. ^_^

• Kid A is very good, but for radiohead i prefer the Ok computer and the bends albums. i hear their new album coming out will be alot like the bends, so i’m happy about that. to tell you the truth, i’ve never heard any songs from summerteeth, as i am a new wilco convert, but i have $50 worth of gift certificates to Tower records (our CD store chain in northern VA) from christmas and my confirmation, so i might buy summerteeth or one of the mermaid sessions from wilco next time i stop by Tower records

• Wilco is very suitable because I think it presents that much needed gap in between my classical and country music. ^_^

• their newest album is a little less country, but it’s just 100% pure genius. there are a few tracks which are just amazing (especially 1 and 5) i strongly reccomend that you buy it

• After I finish listening to a compilation disc of romantic-classic older brother made for me. ^_^

• i just finished writing a report on a romantic composer ( i was assigned Johannes Brahms) it was kinda a pain, but in the process i had to listen to this one piece he wrote called piano concerto in D minor( i’m almost certain thats what its called) and it wasn’t bad… there was one part of it called “Rondo” (i’m pretty sure thats what it was called) and it was pretty good… i might start listening to classical/romantic music more often…

• OooOooO… I enjoy listening Johannes Brahms too! Always be open to new types of music. ^_^

• @StrongBad1988:

i just finished writing a report on a romantic composer ( i was assigned Johannes Brahms) it was kinda a pain, but in the process i had to listen to this one piece he wrote called piano concerto in D minor( i’m almost certain thats what its called) and it wasn’t bad… there was one part of it called “Rondo” (i’m pretty sure thats what it was called) and it was pretty good… i might start listening to classical/romantic music more often…

i studied romantic music. Call me a populist, but i was more for the later 18th century artists - nationalists and creators of Tone Poems etc. (exception being Richard Wagner . . .).

• Cool. When was this? :)

• Among my top bands are:

Wolfsheim,
    Wumpscut,
    Asian Dub Foundation,
    Prof. Ring-Ding & the Senior All-stars,
    Fettes Brot,
    Jan Delay,
    Sam Ragga Band

pretty mixed in the styles, so it depends on my mood which one i listen to

• AC/DC
    Hayseed Dixie (a country band that ONLY plays ac/dc songs, very cool :D )
    Metallica
    Guns N Roses
    Pink Floyd
    Eminem
    Blink 182
    2pac
    The Headstones

• @TG:

Cool. When was this? :)

a long long time ago. maybe 13-14 years ago? i’m getting too old . . . .

• whoah, thats when i was just born!

• Hahaha, rebel Strongbad back when he was a child… :lol:

• yeah man, i was pretty mean as a toddler when i would don my ninja turtles outfit….

• @alamein:

#1 the beatles
    #2 PINK FLOYDD
    #3 the doors
    #4 creedance clearwater revival or the cream

I don’t like the angry pissed of rich as heck youth thing musics going thru right now. - what …. did I just offend some one else??? jeez.

Nice sound track, alamein – how do you feel about Jim Morrison’s contemporary flat-out pals: Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin? Also, in case anybody made it alive into the 1980s:::::::
    Ramones
    B-52s
    … oh, and er… Neil Young & Crazy Horse

• B 52’s are nice, especially their earlier work…

• The Doors, great band.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m