Fortress America, Conquest Of The Empire, and Shogun

• Does anybody on here play the other Gamemaster Series games from Milton Bradley? I have all but one of the games and wonder if there’s anybody else left who plays these games. (Fortress America, Shogun, and Conquest Of The Empire).

• America Fortress and Shogun are quite good, though Empire doesn’t quite stand up to the rest…

• What is fortress America about?

• Shogun is getting quite old.

The graphics are looking quite pitiful in comparison to other games. They could have done a lot more in terms of character detail.

PS: We are talking about the PC games right? :P

• uh… no. Shogun the board game (the game on the side cover of your A&A box).

• @yourbuttocks:

What is fortress America about?

I hear its sbout people invading the USA

• No, I don’t play those. But, hell, I play a ton of other board games. Here are some I suggest (they are a bit harder than A&A to play, very complex).

Hammer of the Scouts (Set in the same time as Braveheart. Highly strategic, involves a combination of pieces and cards, very very fun).

Carcassonne (Imagine a game playing like Rivers, Roads, and Rails, except fun)

Princess Ryan’s Star Marines (Amazingly simple and fun team game. Uses a large board and cards)

Settlers of Catan (One of my favorite games, game is completely random every time, build and settle a continent and manage resources)

I play a ton of other games. If you want, post the kind of game you like to play, and I can suggest to you a board game you’d enjoy.

• @TG:

uh… no. Shogun the board game (the game on the side cover of your A&A box).

Sorry, I don’t own A&A.

• Play Civil War (great game)

• @Deviant:Scripter:

Sorry, I don’t own A&A.

You dont own A&A? what do you own? A&AE and/or A&AP?

• :lol:

• @GeZe:

@Deviant:Scripter:

Sorry, I don’t own A&A.

Nope, I don’t own any of these games.
    The closest I came was that I played Risk once. But I hated it, so I never played it again.

• why are you on these forums then???

• Carcassone is big fun.
    Three of my fav board games:

Junta (Long live El Presidente … as long as i am Minister for Security)
    Kremlin (a game of Gerontocracy… recommended age to play: 50+)
    Britannia (replay the invasion into Britain from the Romans to the Normans)

each a few or more years old, but they are all fun.

• Britannia (replay the invasion into Britain from the Romans to the Normans)

Britannia is really one of the best games ever made. I have never had so much fun playing a game as I have playing with an experienced group of Britannia players.

Of course, I’m always stuck playing Green (I get conned into it every time). And the stupid Danes always have horrible luck…

If you like Britannia, try playing Maharaja. It plays the same way, except it takes place in India.

• @Deviant:Scripter:

@GeZe:

@Deviant:Scripter:

Sorry, I don’t own A&A.

Nope, I don’t own any of these games.
    The closest I came was that I played Risk once. But I hated it, so I never played it again.

You can get Axis & Allies by downloading the freeware game Dogs of War at http://www.the-underdogs.org/

Are there any good Axis & Allies type Cold War games out there? The closest thing I’ve found is a freeware game, also on the site I mentioned above called Balance of Power. It’s a Geopolitical game. The only problem with it is that I havent figured out how to close the windows you can open up. There’s not closing button for them.

• I’ve played Shogun (I know it as Samuri Swords) a few times, very excellent game. I also enjoy Diplomacy a great deal, although I haven’t gotten to play it much. If it weren’t for school…

• settlers of catan is a fun game, especially the seafareres expansion. i havent played fortress america, but it sounds decent

• i always though that fortress america sounds quite american. I think noone else in the world would think that a three-pincher invasion of the US could happen…. and then of course all these american stereotypes come in as well, fighting for freedom and such…

@Britannia: Seems like you have a different print than the version i know… who are the greens? Which is their “best” race? Saxons, Romans, Normans or Danes?

• Greens are Danes/Welsh primarily.

Welsh, if they can get a foothold in europe beyond wales, can really score some points. Problem is, the Irish raiders come in the same years that the Welsh can score points in England itself.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m