New Fortress America Packaging

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Just opened the new Fortress America game and the presentation is pretty cool.  Everything, including the game board comes in its own zip lock bag.  There is some assembly with the helicopters and the lasers but its easy stuff.  There is some wasted space in the box from cardboard inserts and there is no place to store the country markers once they are punched.

I’am looking forward to giving the game a go tomorrow,  my first impression of the game so far appearence wise is very positive.

• Did you end up giving it a go yet? Thoughts?

• Any pics or comparisons to original game?

I haven’t played it yet.  My friend and his son ended up playing Europe 1999 instead.  Hopefully, we can play soon.  The pieces really are cool and the quality of the cards, markers, and game board are outstanding.

I noticed none of my local game shops are stocking this game regularly and they both special ordered it for me…not sure why they won’t be carrying it.

If i get a chance to play it soon, I will give more info but it lookes like it plays exactly like the 1986 version, even the sectors on the new game mirror the old board.  The only difference is that Buffalo and Kansas City are gone and Las Vegas and Colorodo Springs have been added.  Invaders have a set of balancing factor cards as well.

Today, I played the naval, tank, and Angels 20 miniatures for the first time and really enjoyed all 3 of them, but Fortress America is going to be up very soon.

Man, I still havent played the new Fortress America yet.  I got into the navel minis and just cast this game aside after i played those little bastards!  I waited 6 months for this game to come out and so looked forward to it then my pal "Death from Above showed me the minis.

I have all my games stacked together out in my shed and I get so sad everytime i walk passed Fortress……gotta play it soon!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The pieces look awesome!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m