• @Cow:

I do a 3 ipc bid in this game. seems ok.

1 free INF for USSR seems like it would be a good thing. If you can take Ukraine and take and hold West Russia, you should at least have a fighting chance. It seems like you’re not far short in the basic setup from being able to do that.

• @Mallery29:

@Ashkayel:

@Mallery29:

@wittmann:

I lost S Europe to UK because I dropped 2 Inf in Africa. Thought I had to to pressure UK. Might not do it if I played again.

How the hell did you let that happen???�  :-o

I guess the Suez was open on UK1 and the indian Trn unloaded an Inf in SEur.

Interesting, but why not pour all those units into India and pressure Japan on UK2 (or land in E.Indies for D)?  Has anyone moved the UK sub to PH?  Curious…(w/in striking distance of Japan, but far away from DDs to not be destroyed)

I’m not saying invading SEu on UK1 is a good idea, I don’t think it’s worth it. @UrJohn:

@Cow:

I do a 3 ipc bid in this game. seems ok.

1 free INF for USSR seems like it would be a good thing. If you can take Ukraine and take and hold West Russia, you should at least have a fighting chance. It seems like you’re not far short in the basic setup from being able to do that.

Only 1 Inf and you take both Ukr and WRu? 4 Inf 2 Arm 1 Ftr to Ukr, 9 Inf to WRu, I guess it’s worth a try!

• I would prefer giving every territory a IPC number. I think this is possible when you lower the value of other territories and it would make all land territories more important.

• @Gerco:

I would prefer giving every territory a IPC number. I think this is possible when you lower the value of other territories and it would make all land territories more important.

It’s also possible if you play different versions, like 1942 Second Edition or Global 40. Well, not every territory has a value, but the vast majority do.

• TripleA

@Gerco:

I would prefer giving every territory a IPC number. I think this is possible when you lower the value of other territories and it would make all land territories more important.

You could also have the IPC values assigned as normal, and just jack up the unit prices.

• Customizer

Hey, there’s an idea. Make all the territories have the same IPC value as in 1942 2e and price the units like this:
    Infantry = 6 IPCs
    Tanks = 12 IPCs
    Fighters = 20 IPCs
    Bombers = 24 IPCs
    Submarines = 12 IPCs
    Transports = 14 IPCs
    Destroyers = 16 IPCs
    Carriers = 24 IPCs
    Battleships = 32 IPCs
    So while you would have more money to spend, you would still be making small purchases.

• It’s a more difficult and confusing transition from 1941 to 1942 if you change most of the units prices instead of the TT values. The TT values are printed right there on the map, but unit prices are something you need to know by memory to be able to strategize your buys.

• TripleA

@UrJohn:

It’s a more difficult and confusing transition from 1941 to 1942 if you change most of the units prices instead of the TT values. The TT values are printed right there on the map, but unit prices are something you need to know by memory to be able to strategize your buys.

That’s a good point. However you could just multiply the cost of everything by two or three (probably two). It wouldn’t be too bad, then. Although the way it is OOB is an interesting twist all by itself. Russia being able to abandon the far east, Africa hardly being worth anything, etc.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m