• Well, I’m never a big risk take unless I must, so even if the odds are stacked against me, I continue to play the way I use to.

• Are there any other rules for balancing the game than Russians restricted and bidding?

And I mean rules which work, are balanced and make the game more fun! =P

• Have you tried used A&A:E style SBR? Maybe let Germany start out with rockets and jet power, while giving the Japanese supersubs.

• @Yanny:

I don’t think that its 95 and 80 without/with RR. If I was Axis playing a game with no RR and no bid, I’d just go all out on risks, and play very aggressive with both Germany and Japan. Sure, I could lose these risks, but the odds are already against me.

You might be able to talk me down to 90/70, but that’s about it. No RR is devestating for the Axis!

• I think I can win about 20% of the time in a completely standard rules game with no bid as the Axis. Like I said though, I’d be pretty aggressive. It would require some lucky early in the game with Japan and Germany, especially keeping the German Airforce alive.

• Yeah, without RR or bidding… there’s no other choice but to hail mary and take that 20% chance. However with RR or bidding, I’m more inclined to play the numbers out instead of risking everything on the first two turns of the game.

• Well yeah, my strategy would be radically different without RR or a Bid than it usually would be. I’d have to pull out all the stops, but if the first two turns go well, I think I would be able to overcome the initial disadvantage and be able to hit Russia and Britain hard and fast enough to stay in the game.

• well the allies won the real war…

• And that’s what makes it all the more better to play as the Axis. :wink:

• ya I always play japan

• Me too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m