• OKAY, I’m pissed!
    Where did this rule come from . . .

6. When an aircraft carrier is sunk, the surviving aircraft on it can attempt to locate and land on a friendly island, territory, or aircraft carrier. These aircraft have one movement point to do so. :o :oops: :cry: :evil:

That means ftrs can fly to an island in the same sz, an AC in the same sz, an AC in an adjacent sz, or on an adjacent land mass. An example is German planes sink a UK AC in the UK sz. Two ftrs(1 US, 1 UK) that were on the UK AC may land on the UK(island) in the UK sz, a UK AC in the UK sz, a US AC in the adjacent Baltic sz, or on an adjacent land mass(F/N or W EUR, which are both Allied occupied). The UK player must determine where to land the UK ftr and the US player must decide where to land the US ftr.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! :evil: Why didn’t anybody ever point this out?
    I gotta go back to A&A school! Again! I’m too old for this! :oops: :evil:
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :evil: Brugn glajr snzuz flibt! :evil: - Xi

• Heh…Poor Xi. :)

• Psssst, I can’t believe you didn’t know this :wink: [j/k]

• :lol:

• NO, you don’t understand.

These aircraft have one movement point to do so.

Was this line added in the A&A Game Play Manual(3rd ed.)? It is not in the 2nd ed., pp.14-15 or 24-29. I’ve never played on line just with folks I meet ans

The problem is here -
    That means ftrs can fly to an island in the same sz, an AC in the same sz, an AC in an adjacent sz, or on an adjacent land mass.

It’s never come up with any player, new(I know this is because they learned to play the way we taught them) or experienced(I find it hard to believe that in 20 years of playing with an estimated 200 people it never came up)!

WOW! :o
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh, well, back to flight school for carrier landing practice.
    Uh oh, I may not pass the physical! - Xi

• You didn’t know that? After 20-some years?

• Tha’s raat! I guess I’ve led a cloistered life after all. :oops:
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I’ve gotta get out more.
    HEY! Anybody wanna invade Canada? :) - Xi

• Cincinnati is just about in the in the middle of nowhere. :)

• I find myself torn at times. I grew up here(first 5 years in Dayton, not much diff.). When I talk to people from the big cities I try to give them the big/LITTLE city picture so they see we have some of both.
    However, we are a hotbed for trouble.
    -Maplethorpe,
    -KKK,
    -City Manager form of gov’t.,
    -tri-state city(OH/big city leanings, KY/ small city leanings with one[Newport]beating us to some of our own ideas, and IN/rural leanings),
    -Reds and Bengals stadiums paid for by 1 county(Denver got 20+ counties paying for theirs), and

that’s just the short list.
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I’m getting a headache. Anybody got a 12-gauge i can borrow? - Xi

• @Xi:

NO, you don’t understand.

These aircraft have one movement point to do so.

Was this line added in the A&A Game Play Manual(3rd ed.)? It is not in the 2nd ed., pp.14-15 or 24-29. I’ve never played on line just with folks I meet ans

That’s a 3rd edition rule.

The 2nd ed. rules state you can only land your aircraft on a friendly island if it is completely enclosed within the game space the fighter is currently in. Otherwise, the fighter is lost.

I always thought the original rules were a bit too complicated so I’m glad they just decided to give the fighter 1 movement point instead.

• I don’t think so.
    I believe it is a weak players rule. If you play the game you should value your ftrs and CV enough to protect them with bb, subs, trns, and/or des(in AAE & AAP) or islands in the sea zone(sz). Most ftrs would be in the fight to save the CV and not have the fuel to save their keister after the battle. This rule seems more for the spoiled child’s game.

Sometimes ya fights ‘n’ wins;
    sometimes ya fights ‘n’ dies.
    If’n ya fights ‘n’ dies,
    hopefully ya kin come back ta fin’ out
    if’n yer side won,
    or if’n ya gotta haunt
    the dam’d Yankees ferev’r! - Xi

• I think this site has AutoBootXi installed!

Aaaaaargh! - Xi

• Haha sucker! :lol:

Oh well, at least it makes for good quotes :wink:

• Yeah, I’m saving some of the great ones for posterior . . . :oops:
    Er . . . uh . . . I mean posterity. - Xi :D

“By necessity, by proclivity, and by delight,
    we all quote.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m