• Is a battleship immediatly sunk by kamikaze attack or does it stil have 2 hit points?

• Battleships have two hits, always.
    If you hit with a kamikaze the battleship still has a hit left.
    The advantage here is that the Kamikaze gets to choose its target.

• so go for the carriers :wink:

• do the planes die instantly if a carrier is lost?

• If the planes and the carrier are going in on an attack, and a carrier is taken out by the kamikaze, then the planes have what is left of their four moves.
    If the planes are sitting on the carrier , then they have one move to land.

• That couldnt occur.A carrier cannot move during the Combat Movement phase and then launch planes.If it moves ,the planes are considered cargo and cant be used for anything.So if a carrier had planes on it and moved into a SZ containing Kamikaze during its Combat Movement,and the Jap player goes after the carrier and hits it,the planes go down with the carrier…Its the same as attacking a loaded transport;the cargo goes down with the ship…

• '19 Moderator

Well I think if you were moving a loaded carrier into combat the planes would launch before the carrier moved then meet the carrier in the combat zone.

I don’t think it would be a very wise move to attack with a carrier that had planes sitting on the deck. :roll:

• Unless, of course, you can land these planes (given their remaining movement) on a friendly land zone or island/island group within reach.

• or you have uk planes on your carrier and use them for fodder, this is legal right?

• You mean if you have an ally’s fighter on your carrier as you move into combat with it? This is a fascinating question. I think that the fighter can’t take part in the battle in any way, including as fodder. Since the fighter is cargo on the carrier, I would treat it like any other cargo on a transport, since it’s basicly the same thing except with a fighter. Since the ally’s fighter cannot attack with your forces and it didn’t take off before the carrier moved, it must be considered on the carrier if it sinks. “If the fighter doesn’t take off before you move the carrier, the fighter is treated as cargo for the remained of your turn and may not fly, fight or be used as a casualty” (p. 32)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m