• I ALWAYS put 4 men in leningrad. 2 men in lenigrad cant hold it at all. leningrad is where you fly all of your fighters from england (english and american). Give all of your fighters to russia as soon as you can. They can defend leningrad and be converted to russian fighters.

• Why would you keep two inantry in leningrad after the first turn? There is a minimal chance of the Germans taking Leningrad on the first turn (and even then it doesn’t really matter) and the IC is there for a reason. I think the infantry could be better placed along the front or in Africa.

• Here is what I have tried and it seems to have worked well against a friend of mine who is a very good Axis player. I have yet to ever be the Axis so I have some moves here that work well with using the 12 bucks at the start.

RUSSIA - 4 infantry in Bessarbia, or 4 infantry in Iraq
    Why - 4 infantry in bessarabia help defend the one tank and artillery, and a first move attack by the germans there is almost none existent. The 4 infantry in Iraq is good because you can spare them and use them to help protect the oil.

Britian - destroyer in davis strait, or 2 Inf. on Malta and 2 in trans-jordan,

Us- gets $2 bucks from inital 12 and builds an aircraft carrier and a battleship with all its money (42)

• hey only ONE of the alies gets the $12

• @StrongBad1988:

hey only ONE of the alies gets the $12

Do you mean that UK, USA and Sovjet gets to share the 12IPC or that only one may use them?

• you can split it up any way you want; in total the allies get $12. russia could use all 12, or you could give each 4, or you can save it. it doesnt matter how you use it, but they only get 12

• if i am germany, i will definately save the money. It’s a waste to put it anywhere else, and where ever i put it, the allies will just counter. If i save it, it forces the allies to give the money to either uk or russia. If they give it to russia, that’s really good, since i can sealion them, i think the odds are slightly in germany’s favor if done perfect. If they give it to uk, then it weakens russia, so you can probably get away with a standard win with a slightly weaker russia. In any case, saving it is the best option for germany.
    if i am allies and germany saves, then it stinks, but i will also save it and give it to the uk. I will probably be forced to put 4 infantry on the uk that is if germany saves all their money on turn 1. Depending on how bad the fleet’s are defeated, i might go for a fighter mainly for russia later.

if germany buys stuff with the 12, i will just evenly counter it.

it’s unbalanced, germany should not get 12 more dollars, how much it get’s should be bidded on instead.

please see my post on “a good german strategy” or something like that, it’s the long one.

• yeah, i think that for the germans its best to save the $12, it keeps the allies on their toes

• Well, i like to place a tranny into the baltic sea to the rest of the german fleet.
    They are poised to strike to two directions, making it hard for the allies to spend their money well: UK or Leningrad.
    As well, saving it delays it. If you can fool the Allies into spending their money wrong, then you can get an advantage.

• but if you don’t buy anything with them, then the allies think you’re gonna invade england so they just build 4 infantry there, making malta and leningrad weak, so you can attack them and thake them with ease

• I as allies would share the money between the Brits nad the Soviets if Germany does nothing with, or instead of building 4 Inf for the Brits build a sub, rest IPCs to the Sovs…. or save it and build a CV on turn 1
    If you as German don’t spend the money, why should i as allies? When you invest the money, then i can still answer to your build.

• but if the allies copy germany and don’t spend their $12, then germany can take leningrad and malta on turn 1 with ease

• The importance of Malta is discussable, while Leningrad (without an extra transport in the baltic sea) is pretty safe from being taken.
    How much can germany put against it without committing aircrafts that are needed elsewhere? 2 Inf plus ???…. I don’t think that Leningrad will vertainly fall without that extra 2 Inf that Germany could bring in.

• they can take like 4 fighters (not that they would; but they can) and 1 infantry and 1 artillery

• Ok, so it would be 1:1 with Arti and Inf. Neither of us would send in any fighters i presume. And then? Assuming Germany takes Leningrad: The losses to the Russian, i don’t think it is much more than a distraction. It could be a fatal distraction if you concentrate your land attack towards it as well….

same topic: what i like to do with the 12 IPCs as allies is to boost up the single soviet tank in this worthless country. That forces the Germans to commit more forces there than s/he probably wants.

• WHY NOT SEND A COUPLE OF FIGHTERS TO LENNINGRAD ON THE FIRST TURN. TAKING IT WILL STOP THE ALLIES FROM USING THE PATRIOT RULE OR WHTEVER IT IS CALLED FOR AT LEAST A TURN. THAT WAY THE RUSSIANS WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO USE ALLIED FIGHTERS OFFENSIVELY UNTIL AT LEAST THE FOURTH TURN.

• sorry about the caps lock, my computer had temporary insanity.

• I’m all for giving a destroyer to Britain. Either in the North Sea or Celtic sea. The sooner they clear up the Altantic U-boats, the better.

• Allies
    A) I usually give the money to Africa
    B) build Infantry in Russia
    C) Give it to Britain/America and build a destroyer
    Axis
    A) U-boat and an Arty
    B) build a fighter
    C) infantry in Poland

• Personally, I’d prefer Artillery as Russia instead of Infantry. Putting 3 Artillery in Belorussia would help to counter a German turn 1 attack on Ukraine.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m