• fellow world domineers,

After a bit of a vacation from the forum, I made the mistake of reading a post that said the “LHTR” is essentially the bible for tournament play. So of course i had to read it. I have to ask because unless Hasbro came out with some modifications to the rules, there are some conflicts.

1. The rules that came with (my copy anyway) of spring 1942 say that strategic bombardment cannot total more than twice the territories worth. The LHTR says no more than simply the value of the territory. Since I don’t play in tournaments, which is the overall accepted procedure.

2. When I played classic, every Ack Ack we flew over could fire on your planes. Spring 42 says that only Ack Acks in a country being attacked fire on planes. LHTR goes back to the classic way. Again, which is generally accepted.

3. Nothing is said in the Sping 42 rulebook about weapons development. And I ask again, is this generally accepted, or do these particular rules only come into use during tournament play.

Thanks for your indulgence…

• Ok, after reading the post on acronyms I saw that LHTR is used with A&A revised, but will still welcome any comments. Thanks.

• @MrBill13:

fellow world domineers,

After a bit of a vacation from the forum, I made the mistake of reading a post that said the “LHTR” is essentially the bible for tournament play. So of course i had to read it. I have to ask because unless Hasbro came out with some modifications to the rules, there are some conflicts.

1. The rules that came with (my copy anyway) of spring 1942 say that strategic bombardment cannot total more than twice the territories worth. The LHTR says no more than simply the value of the territory. Since I don’t play in tournaments, which is the overall accepted procedure.

2. When I played classic, every Ack Ack we flew over could fire on your planes. Spring 42 says that only Ack Acks in a country being attacked fire on planes. LHTR goes back to the classic way. Again, which is generally accepted.

3. Nothing is said in the Sping 42 rulebook about weapons development. And I ask again, is this generally accepted, or do these particular rules only come into use during tournament play.

Thanks for your indulgence…

The sequence of releases/rules is Revised, LHTR and Spring 1942. LHTR is a middle step between Revised and Spring 1942, you can see the differences between the 3 rulesets on the attached .pdf made by Krieghund.

Concerning your questions.

1. The strat bombing on Spring 1942 inflicts damage on the IC (up to double the territory’s value), on LHTR it removes IPCs from the player (up to the value of the territory).
      2)On LHTR/Revised AAs can fire during Combat Move. On Spring 1942 they only fire during combat.
    2. There’s no tech on Spring 1942.

A&A_1942_&_Revised_Editions_Rules_Comparison.pdf

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m