Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Rules clarification on carriers and planes + a sea zone

• Hi, here is the scenario i am confused about. I had an argument over it with my allied opponent:  player 1 sends 2 subs to attack a carrier in a sea zone, say north of Norway. Norway is attacked by player 1 also.  The sea battle is conducted first and the carrier is destroyed by the subs. The fighters on the carrier can’t hit the sub and must land.

Question: Can the fighters land on Norway and help defend against the attack?  Where in the rulebook is this clarified, I can’t find it.

Question 2: Is sea zone 3 considered adjacent to the UK Isle land territory. i.e. can ships be constructed there with just a complex on UK?

Thanks!  🙂

• UK can build in every sea zone that surrounds it.

as far as i know…… the planes can not be part of 2 different combat results. technically, the landing would occur at the end of the conduct combat round or beginning of non-combat.  so whatever the results are from the combat round decides if landing can occur…

can someone post the rules on this… page # maybe

• @Miket2424:

Question: Can the fighters land on Norway and help defend against the attack?  Where in the rulebook is this clarified, I can’t find it.

No. Page 27 of the manual: if the carrier is destroyed in combat the fighters have 1 movement to a friendly territory, island or carrier. This movement occurs after all combats are resolved and before the attackers Noncombat movement.

• Official Answers

@Miket2424:

Question 2: Is sea zone 3 considered adjacent to the UK Isle land territory. i.e. can ships be constructed there with just a complex on UK?

Yes.

• Indeed SZ 3 is adjacent. And they could have made a little effort to make this clearer on the board…. At least IL did on his custom maps…

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m