• Has anybody ever played around with a J1 sneak attack advantage similar to original Pacific.

Maybe not quite as good as all defenders roll a 1 but maybe all defenders(excluding China and maybe a rule against Russia) roll at one point less. So men defend at a 1 tanks at a 2 etc.

Or

Japan chooses on territory that gets this defense penalty.

Any one else use a similar rule that works or does this upset the balance too much?

• Wouldn’t matter for me. I don’t attack anywhere besides China and sometimes USSR J1.

It’s usually J2, or if the Allies pull back, J3 when I strike.

I think that it should be the 1st round that Japan declares war.

And it should be all territories -1, or 1 territory all at 1.

• I was thinking that the sneak attack could be used up until the US enters the war on their own. So on J2 OR J3 since you have only been at war with China you could sneak attack US, ANZAC,UK…… Is it too much of an advantage for Japan?

• Too much.

One sneak attack before US enters war.  On any enemy you choose, in any territory.  It is only the first round of combat.

• Just to clarify, i don’t mean they can attack 3 times with that advantage, it is a one time thing, only they may choose to do it on J2 OR J3 provided they are not yet at war instead of first turn.

• @Spendo02:

Too much.

One sneak attack before US enters war.  On any enemy you choose, in any territory.  It is only the first round of combat.

Japanese Sneak Attack:  Japan is allowed to use a sneak attack once, before the United States declares war, on any country that Japan can declare war against.  In the first round of combat, all defending units roll at a “1”.  This Sneak Attack must be used on the round that Japan declares war against the defending player, and must be declared after all combat moves are announced.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m