Another Political thread.. Design your own goverment!

• Bossk, the problem with your experiment is the Aides could be become easily corrupt, thus bending the “draftees” to their will. Good idea though.

• some of you allready know my opinion on what does work as a political system. (Workers Democrocy) it is the only way to go. if you understude why capitlisum does not work you would agree with me.
    some of you will say that it works perfictly. your living in a fanticy world and ignore the truth. 1% of the population owns 90% of the wealth, it’s corperations not goverments that run the world. and the great democrocy that you live in, think about it you only get a chose between 2 people and systems every 4 years both of witch move more to the right every year. yep you have rights as long as you can aford them you have free speach as long as it does not go ageiant the goverment and you can elect any one aslong as it’s someone they choose.
    not vary democratic is it.
    well thats the current amarican system (i’m canadian so situation is alittle diferent).
    now for the marxist system.

the goverment is made up of reps, one from every workplace in a comunity these reps are elected by the workers of that workplace and subject to recal at any time. this council acts as the managment for the entire community the council elects an exacutive rep based on the input from the workers the exec rep is subject to recal at any time and is in contact with the other exec reps from other communitys.

money does not exist there is no need for it people work to better them selves and sociaty, not for capital gain

greed is not present in the scociaty becase the enviroment in which it had existed before no longer exists, and has hence changed human nature.

if you need any clarifacation on any thing plese ask questions.
    Do not i repeat do not just say it wont work ask how it will work.
    this means you Horton

• “if you understude why capitlisum does not work you would agree with me.
    some of you will say that it works perfictly. your living in a fanticy world and ignore the truth. 1% of the population owns 90% of the wealth, it’s corperations not goverments that run the world.”

I have come to the conclusion that you do not know what you are talking about.

1%! Where did you make up that number! In America, the number is 49.1% of the country’s wealth is controlled by the richest 20% of america (anyone who makes over 90 grand, or 120…one of the two.) In fact, the middle 60% and bottom 20% income makers share of money has lowered. The middle class is shrinking. Now don’t jump to conclusions. At the same time, social programs have been exponentially (spelling!) eating up more cash, and mean while at the same time the gap widens…with the INCREASE of social program spending!

Here are some important numbers:

http://www.census.gov/hhes/income/histinc/ie4.html

http://www.census.gov/hhes/income/histinc/rdi04.html

Now statistics are always tricky. The numbers above suggest all income percentiles have increased, and I have seen numbers that said the opposite (give me some time to get those for you.)

Also for all those who believe America’s standard of living is the lowest, here is the mean (true average) of all america’s income: $57,047

The median is: $42,151

Now the problem with the increasein social programs is that it pinches spending by taking away the money left to spend. The average amount of taxes have been only going up (and though I am no fan of upper-class tax cuts), the majority of america loses a great deal of their income:
    Mean b4 taxes: Mean after taxes:
    $57,047 $42,239

Ok, here are the numbers I was looking for: The shrinking of the middle class:

http://www.census.gov/hhes/income/histinc/rdi07.html

Now these numbers don’t prove that there are a bunch of millionaries…the highest percentile (top 20%) makes just over $81,960, and the top 5% makes just over $145,526.

To sum up my rant on economics…the share of income has been moving up to the higher percentiles…by no means are the lower classes making less money though, they are indeed making more. At the same time, the increase in social program spending (i hope to get these numbers for you) have been coinciding with the unbalanced share of income.

________________________________________-

Now on a totally different matter, I forgot to say what else my gov would have…

drinking age is 18.

no state governments, and if they do exist, it is for purely organizational purposes.

A draft for the military which will take an equal amount of people, from their grade percentile earned in school to fight. It saves money for the government, and the soldiers would be more educated.

and finally the NY Yankees would be the national baseball team, and would play in the olympics, and if they have the time, the World Cup.

• I don’t have sites to confer this but I’m pretty sure thats wrong horten…i also heard that some ridiculously small number like 1-2% owns like 80-90% of wealth…

• "i also heard that some ridiculously small number like 1-2% owns like 80-90% of wealth…. "

you heard that, but did you check the census? I just recently read the number 49.1% of america’s wealth is held by the top 20% in a history textbook. It isn’t 1%…I guarentee you. We aren’t Kuwait.

• that number is for the entire world ware 1% of the population owns 90% of the wealth
    thank you btownthug for soporting me in this discution.
    it’s my understanding as one that watches both canadian and amarican news that almost all amarican news, media, school curiculim and public information is distorted in one way or anouther to show amaricans as supperior.

I will not kill myself for that Bohemion Cpl.

• Field Marshal Friedrich Paulus (speeking of Hitler the day before his serender of the 6th army at Stallingrad)

[ This Message was edited by: mini_phreek on 2002-05-02 16:05 ]

• Actually Horten, your wrong. As of Bush working up his Tax cut, I remember him saying “In the US, the top 10 percent of earners make 70% of the wealth, shouldn’t they get paid a bit more?”

• and that does with the distribution of wealth how???

oh, here’s a very straight forwar link:
    http://www.census.gov/population/www/pop-profile/moninc.html

and some more statistics:

Money spent on social programs in 1950…25 billion

1960…50 billion

1970…150 billion

1980…500 billion

1990…1.1 trillion

1992…1.25 trillion

• My ideal government would be simaliar to the way it is now( that being the Canadian government) with a few exceptions. Frist, i would increase military spending. I would give the armed forces pay raises and increase training. Give them modern equipment instead of using sh*t from the 1950s’!

The RCMP and city Police would have more authority to enforce and discipline criminals. If you attack cops or put innocent people in danger, sorry, your rights are forfeit.
    Training standars would be higher aswell, no more of this ,lets get every culture we can into law enforcment just to satisfy some fluffy government equal rights agenda. If you dont have the stuff, then you dont get the job. I’ve seen female cops under 5 feet! i mean….come on! The idea is to protect society! You need a intimidation factor out there, Like a hockey goon.

Bring on the death penalty as well. Enough wasting tax money on reforming Criminals.( im speaking about major crimes here not theft or hooking)

• does that acount for the changing value of money?

• for inflation? no…if you read the numbers, there is an increase, I believe slightly above inflation.

• On 2002-05-02 17:06, Mr Ghoul wrote:
    My ideal government would be simaliar to the way it is now( that being the Canadian government) with a few exceptions. Frist, i would increase military spending. I would give the armed forces pay raises and increase training. Give them modern equipment instead of using sh*t from the 1950s’!

The RCMP and city Police would have more authority to enforce and discipline criminals. If you attack cops or put innocent people in danger, sorry, your rights are forfeit.
    Training standars would be higher aswell, no more of this ,lets get every culture we can into law enforcment just to satisfy some fluffy government equal rights agenda. If you dont have the stuff, then you dont get the job. I’ve seen female cops under 5 feet! i mean….come on! The idea is to protect society! You need a intimidation factor out there, Like a hockey goon.

Bring on the death penalty as well. Enough wasting tax money on reforming Criminals.( im speaking about major crimes here not theft or hooking)

i’m pro death pelanty (and euthanasia and abortion, kill kill kill!!!), but it costs more overall through all the court cases, appeals, and what not.

too bad there can;t be work camps or something.

• On 2002-05-02 17:06, Mr Ghoul wrote:
    Frist, i would increase military spending. I would give the armed forces pay raises and increase training. Give them modern equipment instead of using sh*t from the 1950s’.

I suggest you visit the department of defense’s website http://www.dnd.ca/eng/index.html and see how well equiped our military is. The equipment is quite modern and the military is in the process of improving it even more with the recent stability of budgets. We hardly have a dilema with outdated materiel.

Those lucky bastards who don’t have to work; they make 3d billboards and big 20 ft smurfs.
    ~The Presidents of the United States

[ This Message was edited by: bossk on 2002-05-02 18:22 ]

• yea horten would have to be correct on that one….it doesn’t save money to kill people, it saves money to leave them in prison their whole lives…why don’t we try rehabilitating them?

• you can’t though.

isn’t ironic that there is life impressement? (spelling!) If they are in there for life, then why are we rehabilitating them?

• '19 Moderator

Bring back the chain gangs!

• On 2002-05-02 18:20, bossk wrote:

On 2002-05-02 17:06, Mr Ghoul wrote:
    Frist, i would increase military spending. I would give the armed forces pay raises and increase training. Give them modern equipment instead of using sh*t from the 1950s’.

I suggest you visit the department of defense’s website http://www.dnd.ca/eng/index.html and see how well equiped our military is. The equipment is quite modern and the military is in the process of improving it even more with the recent stability of budgets. We hardly have a dilema with outdated materiel.

Those lucky bastards who don’t have to work; they make 3d billboards and big 20 ft smurfs.
    ~The Presidents of the United States

[ This Message was edited by: bossk on 2002-05-02 18:22 ]

Bossk, do you read the paper? The Canadian mititary is,as of today, grossly underfunded and poorly equipped.

Do you see the uniforms their wearing in Afghanistan. That right there tells you the Canadian Army is seriously neglected by our ridiculous federal government.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Ghoul on 2002-05-03 17:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Ghoul on 2002-05-03 17:04 ]

• interesting Horton
    of all the points i made in my earlier post the only one you could argue was the distrobution of wealth.
    interesting indeed.
    hehe horton drinking age 18, 2 provencis allready have it at 18 and the rest is 19. even then it’s only a sugestion.

I will not kill myself for that Bohemion Cpl.

• Field Marshal Friedrich Paulus (speeking of Hitler the day before his serender of the 6th army at Stallingrad)

“Ware my horse trots no grass gorws”
    -Atila the Hun

[ This Message was edited by: mini_phreek on 2002-05-03 18:24 ]

• Mr. Goul, are you suggesting that the department of national defence is attempting to misguide me? Perhaps I trust the military too much, but why would they attempt that?

• i think are miliatary is just small.
    yes were a little porly equiped and we don’t hava as many nice toys as the us does.
    but i’d prefer our small well trianed army over the over budgited armarican one.

how about this analagy (amaricans don’t take this the wrong way)
    whould you rather have an army of weeklings or a band of superheros?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m