Strategic Bombing: Calculating odds

• Oh and one more thing about strat bombing. With A&A:E rules the dogfights and flak attacks can be INTENSE!

• We talking about the board game here not history itself.

• I believe this is a good strategy for US to buy 2 bombers each time. Rest of the money could go to the defense of Western US. If Russia have tanks, and UK holds Africa. 2 on 1 is a good way to defeat Germany. Germany will have a tough time balancing out the unit placements. Their only chance is wait for Japan to come in. The US could have 3 bombers on Germany the second turn, and 5 the turn after that, 6-7 after that (assuming a bomber gets killed). The US should knock the production down of Germany by 10 on average, if africa doesn’t fall(if UK spends money on it)While Russia builds small offensive power. Germany should die in a few rounds.

• America isnt the only country that can bomb Germany, 2 bombers from Britain can really make life hard on Germany

• Mr. Ghoul, I like how you are backing me up with this one and you are talking from experience.

• Buying all or mostly Bombers with the UK/US in the first few turns is a good way to lose the game.

While your trying to bomb Germany, they are running amuck in Africa and Japan is turning into a monster in Asia. The game is about capturing territory, which can’t be done by bombers. While you are busily bombing factories, a smart axis player will be gobbling every territory in Africa/Asia/Australia. The US can’t even bomb Germany with more than 1 Bomber until US 3. If you have no naval infrastructure or even any UK IC infrastructure early, you have no ability whatsoever to stop/delay Japan in Asia/Pacific and Germany needs only modest luck to take all of Africa. Plan for the Allies to lose to an 84 economic victory by J4/5 with no ground forces to take back critical areas in Africa/Asia. Game over. Try it sometime. Just shift your Axis strategy to an IPC victory strategy and not a military victory.

SUD

• For a man or women who chooses to remain Anonymous, you sure know your stuff! I whole heartily with the comments made above. Building bombers is a long term investment that can ill afford to wait. Usually I won’t buy a bomber until at least the 4th turn for USA when transports are away.

• Holy….did i suggest one buys all bombers in the first few turns…i didnt eh. Look, most games i play are close, one easy way for the allies to tip the scales is to bomb Germany. just maintaning a bomber fleet of 5-6 is all that the allies need to lay-a-hurtin. And its tough for Germany 2 defend against it.

• Hey SUD, why not make a name on this sight, your IP address says you have one but don’t post under it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m