• Last time i played britan, the germans took the entire northern half and syria iraq.

the rest or the game i was just building inf in the south and losing a slow war of attrition.

towards the end of the game, i had lost everything except persia, india, australia, and canada.

any ideas?
    Waffen_AH

• Africa is a complex situation for the defenders. America, Britan, and in some cases russia must share the defense of Africa. A South African IC can help in this. Usually though that will be taken over by the Japaneese and used against you. Personally, I just ship in Inf by Transport.

btw, most players dont know this, but there IS a land bridge from Syria-Iraq to Anglo-Egypt.

• If you take out the german fleet in the mediteranean then you problem is almoust solved. The german would be a fool to divert funds to a hopeless, long battle in Africa if the russian player is very good at all. Especialy if you transport your tanks from UK and E. Canada to fight what he may have in africa already.

• Well, its not always that easy. Before Germany’s fleet is gone, there might be a good 15 inf in Africa, with Japan on the way. But, once Africa is lost (almost always happens eventually if allies are going to win) Then Germany has an income on 27 (assuming your minus UKraine and Finland) And this means Russia will have more cash (If Russia took both Finland and Ukr

[ This Message was edited by: Yanny on 2001-11-14 11:23 ]

• How can an individual manage to transport 15 infantry in one turn with a single transport?

[ This Message was edited by: bossk on 2001-11-14 18:44 ]

• It is a miracle. Not less than that. Everybody know that German infantry can walk on the water !

• '19 Moderator

Glad to see people here again :smile:

By turn two the US should be pumping a minimum of 4 Inf per turn into Africa.

Britain has the air power to take out the German fleet in turn one or two at the latest.

Red

[ This Message was edited by: dezrtfish on 2001-11-15 08:13 ]

• I dont mean 15 inf on the short term, but a good German player can protect his transports and disrupt shipping to Africa for 3 or 4 turns. This can be done with Fighters, subs, and bombers.

• but if the krauts build a IC in egypt, then isn’t the entire struggle a waste if ipcs?

• '19 Moderator

I don’t think the germans can keep transports for more than two turns if the allias are any good.

The british can use a combination of air power and whatever is left of the Med. Fleet to sink anything that is left in the Med.

• if the germans did build an IC in africa it would be a terrible waste of resources.

• as a german, i can destroy the batshp in gibralter and the english fleet next to england and take karillia(sp). with a combo of planes and subs.

one fighter+sub attack batshp in gibralter.
    2 fighters+sub attack batshp and transport
    fighter in urk attack sub and land in lybia to help afrika campaine

• '19 Moderator

You are discounting the russian fleet. With Russia restricted they generaly move to the UK sea zone.

• I do believe the british airforce has enough range to take the entire german fleet out by, at the very least, the second turn. Then it’s only a matter of keeping a few fighters in africa in case the germans should decide to try and rebuild it.

• Build an IC on South Africa in turn 1. If you move it’s infantry up beforehand, Germany couldn’t possibly reach the IC before you have 2 armor on it. Build 2 armor every turn, and when Africa is secure, build another IC in Egypt for an assault on Japan in Asia.

• It is typicly difficult to leave the destruction of the German fleet and the defense of africa up to Britain if they are also trying to build a new fleet in the atlantic, a factory in india and infantry to ship to europe. Most of the African defense is up to the Americans; a south african IC is a poor investment.

• Britain needs to make some hard choices - they can’t do everything. Sometimes I like to go hard after Africa and forget about India. Here’s my plan - nothing radically new:

On round 1, I build transports if Britain still has a battleship left. If all Brit battleships are sunk, I build a carrier and a transport. I like to take out what’s left of the German Atlantic fleet and position my fighters in Caucasus and bomber in Moscow. I consider India a lost cause against a determined Japanese player, so I move those men to Sinkiang or do an assault on Egypt if the numbers look good. BTW, USA lands at least one of their fighters on the carrier in their round 1.

Round 2 the RAF based in Caucasus and Moscow takes out the German Med fleet. I also unload 2 transports carrying 2 inf and 1 tank in Algeria. Bring your carrier along for air cover. Buy two transports and 3 tanks.

This is where you run the risk of a Luftwaffe attack on your unprotected North Atlantic fleet since you’re AC is off Africa. Use your judgement - if the Luftwaffe is weak and the Russian navy is still intact, it might be worth the risk. You would have two uk trans, 4 us trans (if US builds 3 on round 1), 1 ussr tran, and 1 ussr sub. You’re sure to hit at least one fighter and probably more. Sacrifice USSR, USA, UK - in that order. You’ll probably get lucky a couple of times.

Round 3, take the 3 UK tanks and the 1 Canadian tank to Algeria, move the Algerian force toward Egypt one space. You have a massive attack set up on Egypt for round 4. 5 tanks and 2 inf, plus whatever fighters you can spare - you probably won’t need so much if you took out the German Med fleet in round 2.

Africa is now rid of the pesky Germans, now all you have to worry about is the Japanese!!

• Africa is crucial for the axis - my strategy is to let the germans spread themselves thin all over africa and middle east (3 turns or so) and then have USA take it all back. By the time the nazis can make a valid defence of their african posessions, it is usually too late.

• Africa is crucial for the axis - my strategy is to let the germans spread themselves thin all over africa and middle east (3 turns or so) and then have USA take it all back. By the time the nazis can make a valid defence of their african posessions, it is usually too late.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m