• Hello Everyone,

Bought the 1940 east and pacific - played it once and new to the boards here…. question… how do I find Alpha 2 rules… .would be very interested in reading… seems that the USA with 82 production is impossible to overcome, but haven’t read all the strategy forums yet.

Second question - the income board goes up to 72 I believe… does this mean the United States (or anyone for that matter) is capped at 72 even though production may be 82 (US in the war) so they have 10 in the bank so to speak.  Example - US is at war and production is 82 but they only realize 72 so they can lose 10 production from lost territories but still have 72 to spend… kind of long sorry.

Thanks for any help and thoughts!!!

• http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4167

Welcome!
    In Alpha 2, the US War income is divided into National Objectives.
    So its been nerfed a little.

• Thanks… any thoughts on the 72 production cap?

• It goes up to 52 pre war, and 82 at war, the 30 difference is divided in NO’s you can see in the link i gave.  Usually the US has around 72 for most of the game if Japan puts minimal effort into things.

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Jakespoon!

There is no limit on the amount of income a power may receive.  If it exceeds 72, simply use another control marker to “wrap around”.

However, only income from territories should be tracked on the production chart.  Income from National Objectives should be added to that total when income is collected.

• Thanks again!!  We finished the first game last week - fun as hell, but it was hard being Japan!!  Looking forward to trying the Alpha 2 rules this next time.

• Yeah OOB favors axis but thankfully to the efforts of Larry and Krieghund (Thnx Krieg) we have Alpha  :-D

• Is there a rough ETA on the ’ complete official no more changes need to be made ’ Alpha +2 rules ?

Just asking.

• Official Q&A

Not yet.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m