• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050608/ap_on_re_us/dean_gop

While I am conservative on many issues, I do not consider myself a Republican - I’m an independent voter and will chose whichever candidate best represents my interests.

But I cannot understand why Dean says the things he does. Does he realize how bad he makes his party look? And why are all the democrats who have to defend their party from his comments continue to say he is doing a good job? What’s going on here?

Note: Please keep all comments civil - CC has enough to do without locking threads.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Well, let’s keep in mind the audiance he was talking too, okay? He was speaking to a bunch of tunnel-visioned democrats that have suffered many defeats since the Clinton era and needed to be made to feel better for fear they might vote against the democratic party in the future. The easiest way to make someone feel better is to tell them they are better then someone else, which is exactly what Howie did.

While I have utter distaste for what he said, and I hardly think what he said was pardonable in any manner, and is definatly much more of a guffaw then his howling was in the primary, I do try to look at it from his point of view.

• You know its funny, I didn’t think his Iowa defeat primary Yee-Haw was really as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. I think he was trying to put a positive spin to his backers on his loss by becoming excited about New Hampshire (in anticipation of a victory there) and following primaries (hoping his steam-roller would take off again after a NH win). He just overdid it.

• The Republican party is not currently controled by Christian Conservatives? I sorta thought it was… The White thing I can’t speak to. I thought the majority of supporters was white, but I have not looked at numbers.
    Dean is the Democrats designated whipping boy. He’s gonna jump out and say what people ALL would be admitting if they where not afraid. That’s his job at this point. To take the heat for pointing out the obvious.

• @Jennifer:

Well, let’s keep in mind the audiance he was talking too, okay? He was speaking to a bunch of tunnel-visioned democrats that have suffered many defeats since the Clinton era and needed to be made to feel better for fear they might vote against the democratic party in the future. The easiest way to make someone feel better is to tell them they are better then someone else, which is exactly what Howie did.

While I have utter distaste for what he said, and I hardly think what he said was pardonable in any manner, and is definatly much more of a guffaw then his howling was in the primary, I do try to look at it from his point of view.

Well, let’s keep in mind that those he was targetting are the hard core “tunnel visioned” Christian conservatives who, if you haven’t notice, are always around the media doing their own kind of b!tching as well. It goes both ways, Jen. Your own comments prove it.

• Im confident this guy is a republican, that tries to make the Democratic party look bad. Keep up the good work! :) gotta love this guy. :)

Yea, right, cause Republicans arn’t the party nominating daughters of share croppers, other African Americans, the first Hispanic Americans and women to positions of power and influence right? I thought the Dems were the party of the black man? Oh wait, they have KKK Grand Wizards as congressmen and senators! Maybe they arn’t the party of the Black man???

Just because you have a religion does not make you ultra radical, at least not as radicle as this guy when he speaks to THIS crowd. Face it, he got an entire 18 egg carton of eggs on his face this time and has 0 chance of getting elected president or even being nominated for president now. His fellow dems arn’t backing away from him, they’re out right running at full speed to distance themselves from his statements, like the Reps did with Trent Lott and Newt Gingrich.

It’s funny though. When the president says we have intelligence reports confirmed by the British that Iraq has WMDs you all rush to say he’s lieing. When Howard Dean shoves both of his feet in his mouth with unheard of statements and slander which should leave him bankrupt and destitute (if it was aimed at a specific citizen it would too) you rush to defend him.

The dem party is toast. Crash and burn as we said in the USAF. Of course, the leaders will just form another party under a different name, but I think with leaders like Kerry, Dean and Edwards they are going to see more and more losses in the House and Senate which will lead to their loss of Judicial Tyranny/Reform which will eventually crush out their party which will be bad for the nation. We need another party to interject their thoughts so we arnt fed only one side of every story.

• i’m quite disappointed with Dean. He actually seemed like a reasonable leader (i liked him better than Kerry) until he had that bizarro-screaming match. Now he jumps the anti-Christian-right bandwagon too. Very irritating.

• the dem party is not toast. they are not going anywhere, not for a long time anyway

CC: I agree, when he was restraining himself in public during the primary I thought he had a lot of good planks on his platform. Now? Now, I think he may have lost his mind, or maybe he lost it before and was just concealing it. I don’t know.

Janus: They said the same thing about the Wig party and the Tory party before they died.

Also, I don’t want to be confused, I’m not saying Liberalism is toast, just the Democratic party as an organization. I’m sure the Liberals will reform under another name and rise to power once again as the pendulum swings back to the left.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m