New game and questions regarding neutrals

• The two boxes stand proudly om my desk, and now i’m eager to try them.  Being a vet AA player ( own and played them all, including The Xeno things) and looking at the setup and rules i believe there will be a lot of re-thinking required (wich is nice). The basic options and strategic conundrums however remain the same (whatfirst?, " meanwhile back at the farm", what to buy?)

I’m trying to gather  some generals for a big splash: AAG 1940.

My questions:

1. Can you place a freshly bought factory in a friendly neutral you activated?
    2. Can you land planes in an activated friendly neutral the turn it was activated?
      3 )When the neutral neutrals are activated is it correct that their units can not move (never)?

Greetings
    El Stef

Best AA games( sofar) ; AA anniv edition & Guadalcanal
    Preferred country: Italy ( If possible, also in other games, i always play Italy, you can never do worse than they did).
    Italy was fun in AA50:  you had your own agenda ad (not the slave of the German ambitions), you were mostly neglected and had plenty of room. And suddenly there sailed a proud Italian fleet from the MED  to challenge the allies in the atlantic.  It looks in AAG 1940, that those times are over.

• No to all 3 questions.

• Official Q&A

To elaborate on question 3, when any strict neutral territory is attacked, all of the others (and it, if it is not captured) become pro the opposite side.  If the attacked territory is not captured, its remaining units may not move.  However, the formerly strict neutrals may now be claimed by the side they now lean toward in the usual manner for friendly neutrals.  When they are, their units become those of the activating power and may move normally beginning on that power’s next turn.

• Thanks, for the clarifications.

Activating a pro- neutral is done in the non-combat move phase and landing air units in the “place units” phase.
    Neutral neutrals  are not activated  but become aligned to a side. (I already had visions of a south american war)

Attacking a neutral neutral? Has somebody done it? Or seen doing it?

( My apologies for my English, it seems easy but it is not)

Greetings

El Sef

• I doubt anybody would try to attack a strict neutral just for the fact that all the other 40 or so troops in each strict neutral would be come Pro-Axis/Pro-Ally depending on who attacked it.

Unless of course you position yourself to take them all out at once in one turn? The large ones that have the most IPC vaule I mean. Still I don’t think it’d be worth it.

• @McLovin1985:

I doubt anybody would try to attack a strict neutral just for the fact that all the other 40 or so troops in each strict neutral would be come Pro-Axis/Pro-Ally depending on who attacked it.

Unless of course you position yourself to take them all out at once in one turn? The large ones that have the most IPC vaule I mean. Still I don’t think it’d be worth it.

Many will do it just because they can and they have nothing better to do(like if Berlin and Rome had fallen, the troops in Europe have noting better to do)

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

I doubt anybody would try to attack a strict neutral just for the fact that all the other 40 or so troops in each strict neutral would be come Pro-Axis/Pro-Ally depending on who attacked it.

Many will do it just because they can and they have nothing better to do(like if Berlin and Rome had fallen, the troops in Europe have noting better to do)

But is there any good reason (other than being in a huge position of power and having the ability to do so without any repercussions) to attack the strict neutrals?

• @hewhoisnickel:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

But is there any good reason (other than being in a huge position of power and having the ability to do so without any repercussions) to attack the strict neutrals?

Well, if you need ipcs and your enemy is in no position to activate the neutrals…

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@hewhoisnickel:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

Well, if you need ipcs and your enemy is in no position to activate the neutrals…

Still seems like an extremely risky move that would rarely pay off in the long run. Perhaps if you could hit Spain, Sweden and Turkey all at once it would be alright. Have you ever attacked strict neutrals (for reasons other than being really powerful and having nothing better to do)?

• @hewhoisnickel:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@hewhoisnickel:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

Still seems like an extremely risky move that would rarely pay off in the long run. Perhaps if you could hit Spain, Sweden and Turkey all at once it would be alright. Have you ever attacked strict neutrals (for reasons other than being really powerful and having nothing better to do)?

No, but no one should have done so most of the time. They made it that way to prevent the strict neutrals from entering the game

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@hewhoisnickel:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@hewhoisnickel:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@McLovin1985:

No, but no one should have done so most of the time. They made it that way to prevent the strict neutrals from entering the game

I like the fact that they at least give you the option, although it may be a risky or stupid move to do so. The option is still there and thats what the game is about  :-D

If I wanna go running with the bulls I’ll invade Spain and do so damnit! haha

• I think attacking a strict neutral may become a late game move in which the other tt on the board are worthless to the outcome of a game that may end in 3-4 turns.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m