• @UN:

As a big-time admirer of Napoleon and the Napoleonic Era (much more than WWII era), I gotta ask why there are “swordsemen” in this game. I know you’ve said multiple times you don’t care about the issue, but it’s a big one. Swordsmen were phased out of mainstray European armies by at least 1700.

Because!!!

• @Dylan:

@UN:

As a big-time admirer of Napoleon and the Napoleonic Era (much more than WWII era), I gotta ask why there are “swordsemen” in this game. I know you’ve said multiple times you don’t care about the issue, but it’s a big one. Swordsmen were phased out of mainstray European armies by at least 1700.

Because!!!

Come now, I’m genuinely trying to figure out something here. The least you can do is give a reasoning that’s at least a sentence?

• @UN:

@Dylan:

@UN:

Because!!!

Come now, I’m genuinely trying to figure out something here. The least you can do is give a reasoning that’s at least a sentence?

The CUTLASS!

• @UN:

He is a little kid who dosnt understand what the Napoleonic Wars were, thats all it is.

Dylan, i appreciate your enthusiasm but you should read a book on the subject before you make a game out of it.

You should also reference a 1812 map of Europe and draw the map by hand, then post a picture of it if you must.

Here is a start
    Europe 1805

Europe 1808

Europe 1812

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@UN:

He is a little kid who dosnt understand what the Napoleonic Wars were, thats all it is.

Dylan, i appreciate your enthusiasm but you should read a book on the subject before you make a game out of it.

You should also reference a 1812 map of Europe and draw the map by hand, then post a picture of it if you must.

Here is a start
    Europe 1805

Europe 1808

Europe 1812

I know some things!

So I’ll attempt to draw a map then try to do the same on the computer, but it may have to be a printable game, but the pieces might be annoy to deal with

• @Dylan:

I know some things!

More important: do you understand that there are things you have yet to learn.

• '12

Dylan, its tough to take you seriously when you claim not to care about accuracy of maps or units.  As others have said, you really should do much more research than you have.  You are posting this because you want our feedback right and not just to jack up your post count right?  I sometimes wonder as many of your posts are not even a sentence.  You are creative and show enthusiasm, two great qualities that will serve you well over the years.  However, you need to add in some hard work in the form of research, do your thinking and work, then present something more complete here and I am sure it would be welcomed.  I suspect things probably come easily for you and you may have gotten by so far in life based on your above average intelligence.  This works when you are the big fish in the little pond, but sooner or later you will come across people not as bright as you but damned hard workers, or worse, equally intelligent and harder working, or the worst of all, gifted people who also work hard in which case you best become their friend!

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Dylan, its tough to take you seriously when you claim not to care about accuracy of maps or units.  As others have said, you really should do much more research than you have.  You are posting this because you want our feedback right and not just to jack up your post count right?  I sometimes wonder as many of your posts are not even a sentence.  You are creative and show enthusiasm, two great qualities that will serve you well over the years.  However, you need to add in some hard work in the form of research, do your thinking and work, then present something more complete here and I am sure it would be welcomed.  I suspect things probably come easily for you and you may have gotten by so far in life based on your above average intelligence.  This works when you are the big fish in the little pond, but sooner or later you will come across people not as bright as you but damned hard workers, or worse, equally intelligent and harder working, or the worst of all, gifted people who also work hard in which case you best become their friend!

No I do want feedback, don’t get the wrong idea.

So I’ll post phone this, for now. I need to get to the Library, I’m relying on youtube and wikipedia for info.

• Well the swordsmen out.

New colors
    UK=Red
    France=Blue
    Austrian-Prussian Alliance=White
    Russia=Green

• @Dylan:

Turn Order: Russia, France, UK, Austria-Prussia.

Russia=Blue
    Austro-Prussian Alliance=Yellow
    France=Black
    UK=Red

UK’s Setup
    England= 3 Swordsmen, 1 Riflemen, 1 Calvary, 2 Cannon, 1 General.
    Scotland= 1 Calvary
    Ireland= 1 Swordsmen
    Sweden= 3 Swordsmen
    Portugal= 1 Swordsmen, 1 Calvary, 1 Cannon
    Gibraltar= 1 Swordsmen
    Malta.

France Setup

Paris: 3 Swordsmen, 1 Rifleman, 2 Calvary, 1 Cannon, General
    Southern France: 2 Swordsmen, 1 Rifleman, 1 Calvary, 1 Cannon
    French Coastline: 2 Swordsmen, 2 Calvary, 1 Cannon
    Central France: 1 Swordsman, 1 Rifleman
    Holland.
    United Netherlands.
    Denmark: 3 Swordsmen
    Norway: 1 Swordsman, 1 Calvary
    Switzerland.
    Italy: 3 Swordsmen, 1 Calvary, 1 Cannon
    Naples: 3 Swordsmen, 1 Calvary, 1 Cannon
    Etruria
    Hanover
    Warsaw: 1 Swordsman, 1 Rifleman, 1 Calvary
    North Spain: 3 Swordsmen, 1 Rifleman, 1 Calvary, 1 Cannon
    South Spain: 3 Swordsmen
    North Germany: 2 Swordsmen, 1 Cannon
    South Germany: 3 Swordsmen

Austria-Prussia Alliance Setup

East Austria: 3 Swordsmen, 1 Calvary, 1 Cannon, 1 General
    West Prussia: 2 Swordsmen, 1 Calvary, 1 Cannon
    West Austria: 2 Swordsmen, 1 Cannon
    Central Prussia: 2 Swordsmen
    East Prussia
    Central Austria

Russia Setup

Western Russia: 2 Swordsmen
    Moscow: 3 Swordsmen, 1 Calvary
    Central Russia: 2 Swordsmen
    Ukraine: 2 Swordsmen, 1 Cannon
    Belarus: 2 Swordsmen, 1 Calvary
    St. Petersburg: 3 Swordsmen, 1 Rifleman, 2 Calvary, 1 Cannon, 1 General
    Northern Finland: 2 Swordsmen
    Southern Finland: 2 Swordsmen
    Siberia: 2 Swordsmen

Well we know the color change, but the setup is different

England: 3 Infantry, 1 Cannon, 1 Calvary, 1 General
    Scotland: 1 Calvary
    Ireland: 1 Infantry
    Sweden: 3 Infantry
    Portugal: 1 Infantry, 1 Calvary
    Gibraltar: 1 Infantry

Paris: 3 Infantry, 1 Cannon, 2 Calvary, 1 General
    Southern France: 2 Infantry, 1 Cannon, 1 Calvary
    French Coastline: 2 Infantry, 2 Calvary
    Central France: 1 Infantry, 1 Cannon
    Denmark: 3 Infantry
    Norway: 1 Infantry, 1 Calvary
    Italy: 3 Infantry, 1 Calvary
    Naples: 3 Infantry, 1 Calvary
    Warsaw: 1 Infantry, 1 Cannon, 1 Calvary
    North Spain: 3 Infantry, 1 Cannon, 1 Calvary
    South Spain: 3 Infantry
    North Rhine: 2 Infantry
    South Rhine: 3 Infantry

Austrian-Prussian Alliance
    East Austria: 3 Infantry, 1 Calvary, 1 General
    West Prussia: 2 Infantry, 1 Calvary
    West Austria: 2 Infantry
    East Prussia: 2 Infantry

Russia
    Western Russia: 2 Infantry
    Moscow: 3 Infantry, 1 Calvary
    Central Russia: 2 Infantry
    Ukraine: 2 Infantry
    Belarus: 2 Infantry, 1 Calvary
    St. Petersburg: 3 Infantry, 1 Cannon, 2 Calvary
    Northern Finland: 2 Infantry
    Southern Finland: 2 Infantry
    Siberia: 2 Infantry

Very similar.

The pieces are risk

Infantry: 1 Unit (risk)
    Cannon: 5 Units (risk)
    Calvary: 3 Units (risk)
    General: 10 Units (risk)

I’ll try to do a better map.

I’m also making a second game World War I.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m