• It looks like painted allied artillery

• Customizer

@calvinhobbesliker:

Where’d you get the Chinese artillery?

AAR UK artillery & fighter. The first release of AAR came with Lime green UK units.

• What’s wrong with 6 Zip lock bags, just wondering.

• Zip lock bags are unorganized

• @fanofbond:

Zip lock bags are unorganized

They are also cheaper.

• I got paper

• @fanofbond:

I got paper

That could be hard.

• Yeah hard paper would me nice.  I made mine out of the flimsy stuff and it doesn’t do a very good job during transport but they keep everything nicely separated during play.

• @fanofbond:

Yeah hard paper would me nice.  I made mine out of the flimsy stuff and it doesn’t do a very good job during transport but they keep everything nicely separated during play.

I still prefer zip locks

• @Axisgirl:

How come the guy who use black card stock has over 9000 units in each box?
    While the other guy has about what I got?

He could have multiple game sets.

• @Dylan:

@fanofbond:

Yeah hard paper would me nice.  I made mine out of the flimsy stuff and it doesn’t do a very good job during transport but they keep everything nicely separated during play.

I still prefer zip locks

I use zip lock bags too.

• Customizer

@Dylan:

@Axisgirl:

How come the guy who use black card stock has over 9000 units in each box?
    While the other guy has about what I got?

He could have multiple game sets.

Correct. Two sets of AAP40 and also a few misc pieces from other versions of A&A such as lime green chinese and revised (and modified revised) industerial complexes and aa guns.

• @skinny1:

@Dylan:

@fanofbond:

I still prefer zip locks

I use zip lock bags too.

Aren’t they a pain during play?

• @ozimek1:

@skinny1:

@Dylan:

@fanofbond:

I still prefer zip locks

I use zip lock bags too.

Aren’t they a pain during play?

No.

• i found the best thing to use is fishing tackle boxes. they are made by a company called plano. you can easily find them at wallmart and they are pretty cheap to buy. the large version has 17 small compartments, 4 medium compartments and 1 large compartment. it comes with dividers so you can configure the compartments to suit your needs.its also great becouse if the box is dropped when its closed not only do your pieces not fall all over the place but the pieces stay in their compartments and wont get all mixed up.
    i hate when that happens!

• I do admit that tackle boxes are the best. Personally I just use the boxes that came with the game. I don’t mind fishing for a sub or a tactical bomber, but that’s just me.

• Thanks to the OP for the sources!

I wanted to do it on black card stock like ____ did, so I found a shop that would do it but they wanted a few changes. Specifically, they wanted a black background, so I removed the diagonal background, text and white backgrounds:

http://yojimbo.ca/aa/Ozimek's_Tuck_box_for_AAP40_Black.pdf

Don’t knock the white lines, i figure the idea is that no matter what file you use, you’ll be folding and bending so all that stuff is on the “underside” and unseen.

For anyone in western Canada, I’m doing it with Rayacom (http://www.rayacom.com/) they’re in Deadmonton, CowTown and VanCity, and their price was fairly cheap like 79c/copy (I don’t have a printer).

I will post back this weekend to respond about the “pieces mixing when put away” concerns when using something heavier than paper :)

• I found this black foam board on a forum recently (cant find the thread) but i went in to walmart and bought some and used Elmers glue to put them in, the finished product looks great, it looks like it could of even come that way.

• @Bung:

I wanted to do it on black card stock like ____ did, so I found a shop that would do it but they wanted a few changes. Specifically, they wanted a black background, so I removed the diagonal background, text and white backgrounds:

Don’t knock the white lines, i figure the idea is that no matter what file you use, you’ll be folding and bending so all that stuff is on the “underside” and unseen.

Using black probably looks better. I guess black cardboard would be surperior to white (paper) with lots of black ink. You could print the original on standard white paper and then use it as a stencil over some black cardboard. Just punch a needle throgh at all the fold and cut intersections, as that will show you where to cut and fold the cardboard. Use a ruler or similar when folding and cutting to make sure you get straight lines. You might want to actually cut and fold one on white paper first as a prototype to help you find out which holes mean what :)

• Customizer

Just print it on standard black cardstock. Thats what I did and it worked out great.  The black lines are justwas visible enough to fold (with the lines on the inside of course.) Best of luck.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m