Who played with GI Joe as a kid.

• @axis_roll:

G.I. Joe was awesome growing up.  And I mean the REAL ones (full size, not the cost savings shorties)

That entailed huge sized vehicles too.  I had a jeep with a working spring loaded bazooka.  My friend had the tow behind working spot light for the jeep.  Also had a GI Joe helicopter and a GI Joe Submarine (tub time was never so much fun).

Somehow these were lost (at least to me) after I got married and moved out.
    I’m sure the collection would be worth some $ today, but I am not going to lose any sleep over that.

We used to have GI Joe kidnap Big Jim and Ken (Barbie’s boy toy).
    When we got older, we’d also do ‘stuff’ with barbie too…

I liked the short 3 1/2 inch G.I  Joes. The large ones reminded me of dolls.

Speaking of kidnapping, a daughter of one our friends left a barbie at our house the other day. We sent the family a radsom video, showing barbie tied up under guard by armed GI Joes and a Halo figure. The radsom demands of Little Debbie products and soft drinks were met.

• @ABWorsham:

@axis_roll:

G.I. Joe was awesome growing up.  And I mean the REAL ones (full size, not the cost savings shorties)

That entailed huge sized vehicles too.  I had a jeep with a working spring loaded bazooka.  My friend had the tow behind working spot light for the jeep.  Also had a GI Joe helicopter and a GI Joe Submarine (tub time was never so much fun).

I’m sure the collection would be worth some $ today, but I am not going to lose any sleep over that.

Speaking of kidnapping, a daughter of one our friends left a barbie at our house the other day. We sent the family a radsom video, showing barbie tied up under guard by armed GI Joes and a Halo figure. The radsom demands of Little Debbie products and soft drinks were met.

thats mean

• @ABWorsham:

@axis_roll:

Hahahahaha!  Nice…

• @axis_roll:

Ahh yes the capture copter rocked.
    And was it just me or did the Kung Fu grip pretty quickly translate into missing digits with alarming regularity?  They should have sold him with an optional hook.

But yeah I have to agree about the REAL GI Joes. 
    When tkroll mentioned mixing them up with Star Wars figures I had this odd Gulliver’s travels image… until I remembered the 80s.

• I remember getting my finger stuck in his grip once

• Any of you play with Ninja Turtles growing up?

• @ABWorsham:

Any of you play with Ninja Turtles growing up?

I did

• @ABWorsham:

Any of you play with Ninja Turtles growing up?

Yup.  I remember my brother getting the Technodrome for Christmas and my dad b*tching about how annoying it was putting all the decals on it.

• Barbie loved G.I. Joe with Kung Fu grip.

• @Brain:

Barbie loved G.I. Joe with Kung Fu grip.

Why? Was it more aggressive then Ken?

• @Dylan:

@Brain:

Barbie likes the bad boys.

XXXI

• @Brain:

@Dylan:

@Brain:

Barbie likes the bad boys.

XXXI

But they aren’t even anatomically correct!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m