• i’m sorry - how do you know that we do not have these laboratories?
    Also it seems increasingly to me that you should not have seen an orthopod at all.

The method was recently invented in the year 2000 and enterolab, based in texas, are the only guys that do it as far as I know…on earth.

Furthermore, every single doctor reffered me to physical therapy and orthopedists. Most people don’t show gluten sensativity like I did/do. Therefore, I would have never recieved the help I needed.

it is true. i have the newspaper article in my recycling bin, and i referenced it in another thread. I think we supplied around 1.2 million doses of flu vaccine or so from a Canadian factory. You are wrong.

"The national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is working with Aventis Pasteur, the sole remaining manufacturer of flu vaccine for the United States, to ship Aventis’ remaining stocks to high-risk areas such as veterans’ hospitals, nursing homes, state health agencies and children’s vaccine programs.

Dr. Julie Gerberding, CDC director, said on ABC’s “Good Morning America” that 20 million doses will soon be available for seniors.

The shortage became apparent Oct. 5 with news that Chiron Corp.'s British vaccine plant had been shut down by health authorities. British health officials suspended the manufacturer’s license because of contamination.

Because Chiron is one of only two flu vaccine makers to produce the drug for the United States, consumers were left with only half of the expected 100 million doses for this season. "
    http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/front_page/1098187018136340.xml

So much flu vaccinations come from these companies where I already listed where there manufacturing comes from, I do not see how canada plays a role. Furthermore, if canada did truly send 1.2 million doses (about 1% of the vaccinations), it is a rare occurence in one year during a massive shortage. don’t delude yourself.

it was a general statement refering to your treatment of us with regards to softwood lumber, steal tarifs, beef, etc.

We are talking medicine.

And the majority of manufacturers are European.
    and i thought that you did not have price ceillings in America (we do have them in Canada)

I don’t think so, I’m 99% confident we do not. Majority is a strong word. Several drug manufacturers are in america, the second largest on earth being pfizer. America, being one country, produces the most drugs for one country. however, for the most in a continent, i do not have the numbers.

“You are an idiot” - insult.
    “You are wrong because you are an idiot” - ad hominem.
    “You are an idiot because you are wrong” - possibly inappropriate observation.
    The thing is, you confuse “insult” with “ad hominem” and observations.

What you do not seem to get is that ad hominem is not a simple “you are stupid” argument. Implying anything personal about the writer and not the premises of his argument is an ad hominem. Furthermore, “disproving” someone’s premise with vague references to my character or how I must be inherently wrong without reason are ad hominems.

Here is a philosophy link, don’t take my word for it: http://www.objectivethought.com/atheism/adhominems.html

Ad hominem means “attacking the person”. Here is a simple definition of this fallacy : “[t]he person presenting an argument is attacked instead of the argument itself” (Stephen’s Guide to Logical Fallacies).

An ad hominem can attack evidence from the two sides of reality, which are :

(1) interior (consciousness-driven)
    (2) exterior (outside of consciousness) - anything that is related to the person that has nothing to do with the argument

The difference here is critical : (2) can be conclusively disproven, but (1) cannot, by itself, be disproven. This is because the interior side of reality cannot be perceived by anyone else then the person whose interior is in question. Basically, the only evidence possible is the person’s word. This usually makes (1) usually open to disbelief by other people, because we usually want to impose the same standards of justification on interior evidence that we use on exterior evidence. But that is virtually impossible, that is, not with our current technology.

As explained on “argument from personal experience”, “[p]ersonal experience cannot be accepted as evidence of exterior entities, only interior ones”. But here the distinction is that someone attacking another about an interior fact does not try to provide evidence for exterior entities but rather tries to make an argument to attack the person’s intent or thought. Such an attack is impossible to support rationally since there is no way to disprove interior evidence in that respect.

the problem is that there are so many industry controls on medicine.
    The main reason i do not wish to work in the US is because i do not wish to be subjected to the BS that HMO’s impose on their physicians.

That is true. They are extremely regulated and so you have two inefficient bureaucracies (one corporate and one government) over one large government bureaucracy (as in canada). Ideally, you cut out all the middle men.

• according to Bush- we are buying our flu vaccines from a canadian supplier as a backup for england

• further to the original post, i think that Canada is going in the right direction . . .

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2004/11/01/marijuana_bill041101.html

• Is it really the govs job to dictate how someone ruins their life?
    I dont like the stuff, but im leaning towards legalizing drugs.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I don’t think it is the responsibility of the US Gov to dictate the legality of substances. However, it might be the responsibility of the US State Governments.

• '19 Moderator

I agree, definately a States rights issue.

• i disagree. if you make it legal in say, New York, than new jersey people will cross the border, load up on drugs, and either A)do them there, than return (bad) or B)bring them back into NJ (also bad)

i think you need a uniform policy, one way or the other

• @Janus1:

i disagree. if you make it legal in say, New York, than new jersey people will cross the border, load up on drugs, and either A)do them there, than return (bad) or B)bring them back into NJ (also bad)

i think you need a uniform policy, one way or the other

Yes, that would be a potential problem. I will admit this would have to be a national decision.

• '19 Moderator

Well pot is close to being legalized in alaska right now so I guess Canada better watch out. :o

• :lol: :lol:

I doubt it. They already have the best ganja in B.C. :D

• @dezrtfish:

Well pot is close to being legalized in alaska right now so I guess Canada better watch out. :o

This is SOOOO low down on our list of concerns.
    Although it just might create some competition for local growers . . . that might hurt. We’ll have to build some tariffs into the system on Marijuana.

I forget which state, but one of the states last night had a marijuana legalization bill on their ballot and it passed. Though, it had to be perscribed by a practicing physician much like codiene and other “possibly” addictive substances.

Thought it was relevant.

• @Jennifer:

I forget which state, but one of the states last night had a marijuana legalization bill on their ballot and it passed. Though, it had to be perscribed by a practicing physician much like codiene and other “possibly” addictive substances.

Thought it was relevant.

very relevant. AND controversial.
    Although i think that the state should not overly limit my prescribing rights (aside from “triplicate” forms, College-enforced guidelines), there is no evidence that marijuana works better or even as well as a couple of extra-strength tylenol for pain (there is evidence to the contrary, however).

No, but I’m sure you can agree that the same requirements for writing a perscription for penecillin or codiene should be applied to a perscription for medical marijuana.

• @Jennifer:

No, but I’m sure you can agree that the same requirements for writing a perscription for penecillin or codiene should be applied to a perscription for medical marijuana.

actually, there are different prescribing guidelines i must follow depending on the drug.
    penicillin and codeine require a regular prescription. Narcotics (and its likely marijuana will also) require a triplicate prescription in order to ensure that double-doctoring is kept to a minimum etc.

Ah, did not know. Live and learn, eh? Okay, well the basic thought was that as long as the person’s under the care of a lisenced physician then I don’t see the harm in legallizing the substance. After all, we’ve discovered that some poisons, used properly, can actually heal. (Botox for instance or chemo.)

What is curious to me is: who was the first moron to say “Yup, doc, go ahead and inject that poison into my face!”

• @Jennifer:

Okay, well the basic thought was that as long as the person’s under the care of a lisenced physician then I don’t see the harm in legallizing the substance. After all, we’ve discovered that some poisons, used properly, can actually heal. (Botox for instance or chemo.)

Yes, actually they are researching the use of botox for women with breast cancer. I forget what is the actual benefit. Perhaps someone can fill me in.

• @stuka:

@Jennifer:

Okay, well the basic thought was that as long as the person’s under the care of a lisenced physician then I don’t see the harm in legallizing the substance. After all, we’ve discovered that some poisons, used properly, can actually heal. (Botox for instance or chemo.)

Yes, actually they are researching the use of botox for women with breast cancer. I forget what is the actual benefit. Perhaps someone can fill me in.

FYI - botox costs $500 for one treatment here.

i wonder if the benefit here is for cosmetic reasons as well (post-mastectomy).
    otherwise i do not know.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m