• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I don’t think it is the responsibility of the US Gov to dictate the legality of substances. However, it might be the responsibility of the US State Governments.

• '19 Moderator

I agree, definately a States rights issue.

• i disagree. if you make it legal in say, New York, than new jersey people will cross the border, load up on drugs, and either A)do them there, than return (bad) or B)bring them back into NJ (also bad)

i think you need a uniform policy, one way or the other

• @Janus1:

i disagree. if you make it legal in say, New York, than new jersey people will cross the border, load up on drugs, and either A)do them there, than return (bad) or B)bring them back into NJ (also bad)

i think you need a uniform policy, one way or the other

Yes, that would be a potential problem. I will admit this would have to be a national decision.

• '19 Moderator

Well pot is close to being legalized in alaska right now so I guess Canada better watch out. :o

• :lol: :lol:

I doubt it. They already have the best ganja in B.C. :D

• @dezrtfish:

Well pot is close to being legalized in alaska right now so I guess Canada better watch out. :o

This is SOOOO low down on our list of concerns.
    Although it just might create some competition for local growers . . . that might hurt. We’ll have to build some tariffs into the system on Marijuana.

I forget which state, but one of the states last night had a marijuana legalization bill on their ballot and it passed. Though, it had to be perscribed by a practicing physician much like codiene and other “possibly” addictive substances.

Thought it was relevant.

• @Jennifer:

I forget which state, but one of the states last night had a marijuana legalization bill on their ballot and it passed. Though, it had to be perscribed by a practicing physician much like codiene and other “possibly” addictive substances.

Thought it was relevant.

very relevant. AND controversial.
    Although i think that the state should not overly limit my prescribing rights (aside from “triplicate” forms, College-enforced guidelines), there is no evidence that marijuana works better or even as well as a couple of extra-strength tylenol for pain (there is evidence to the contrary, however).

No, but I’m sure you can agree that the same requirements for writing a perscription for penecillin or codiene should be applied to a perscription for medical marijuana.

• @Jennifer:

No, but I’m sure you can agree that the same requirements for writing a perscription for penecillin or codiene should be applied to a perscription for medical marijuana.

actually, there are different prescribing guidelines i must follow depending on the drug.
    penicillin and codeine require a regular prescription. Narcotics (and its likely marijuana will also) require a triplicate prescription in order to ensure that double-doctoring is kept to a minimum etc.

Ah, did not know. Live and learn, eh? Okay, well the basic thought was that as long as the person’s under the care of a lisenced physician then I don’t see the harm in legallizing the substance. After all, we’ve discovered that some poisons, used properly, can actually heal. (Botox for instance or chemo.)

What is curious to me is: who was the first moron to say “Yup, doc, go ahead and inject that poison into my face!”

• @Jennifer:

Okay, well the basic thought was that as long as the person’s under the care of a lisenced physician then I don’t see the harm in legallizing the substance. After all, we’ve discovered that some poisons, used properly, can actually heal. (Botox for instance or chemo.)

Yes, actually they are researching the use of botox for women with breast cancer. I forget what is the actual benefit. Perhaps someone can fill me in.

• @stuka:

@Jennifer:

Okay, well the basic thought was that as long as the person’s under the care of a lisenced physician then I don’t see the harm in legallizing the substance. After all, we’ve discovered that some poisons, used properly, can actually heal. (Botox for instance or chemo.)

Yes, actually they are researching the use of botox for women with breast cancer. I forget what is the actual benefit. Perhaps someone can fill me in.

FYI - botox costs $500 for one treatment here.

i wonder if the benefit here is for cosmetic reasons as well (post-mastectomy).
    otherwise i do not know.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m