Israeli Editorial: Kill Arafat; End the Double Standard

• Arafat needs to die. He is the LAST person in the world who wants peace.

If peace broke out, he’d be out of a job. It is amazing that in
    the territory known as the Palestinian “Authority” most workers make
    wages that are barely subsistent, and Arafat the great leader has over 30
    (mostly german) cars and millions in the bank.

The Palestinians can leave the PA and work in Israel if they want
    to, and make wages a lot better than in the PA. BUT in order to do that
    they have to pay a tax to the PA (that’s Palestinian Authority in case I’m losing you) in order to work in Israel….

• Arafat is not an Islamisist.
    He is a terrorist. I sincerely doubt he cares much for Islam.
    Arafat, like Bin Laden, HIDES behind religon. Arafat HIDES behind
    civilians that HE has put in harms way by recruiting people with the
    promise of Martyrdom. He USES Islam to further his aims.

Sorry folks-he has to go.

• you know maybe the Palestinians would stop the terrorism if Israel ended the occupation and removed all the illegal settlements……

• They started to do that, but their generosity quickly ended when they realized that the bombings still continued. It was part of the roadmap to peace. :roll:

• @Deviant:Scripter:

They started to do that, but their generosity quickly ended when they realized that the bombings still continued. It was part of the roadmap to peace. :roll:

Israel still controls large parts of the West Bank and Gaza. There are 150 jewish settlements in the West Bank. (look at bbc.com for several articles if you are intrested).

Is it really that generous to give back part of what you have occupied ?
    If someone stole 100 dollars from you and gave you back 50 would you be grateful?

• Good to see you back, Mangas. :wink:

If someone stole 100 dollars from you and gave you back 50 would you be grateful?

It’s much different than that. It’s as if that person was in the process of repaying your 100 dollars, when all of a sudden you bash him on the head while he’s trying to pay you back.

• @MC:

It ain’t occupied or Occupied Territories.
    It was land won in a war(excuse me) wars!
    How many wars can you cite in which the victor gave land back to the loser. I can think of one. After WWI France gave land back to Germany AFAIR.

If anyone is improperly in the territories it’s the Palestinians…
    cuz no one will have them!

There was no nation of Palestine before or during the time of Israel.

• @El:

@MC:

It ain’t occupied or Occupied Territories.
    It was land won in a war(excuse me) wars!
    How many wars can you cite in which the victor gave land back to the loser. I can think of one. After WWI France gave land back to Germany AFAIR.

If anyone is improperly in the territories it’s the Palestinians…
    cuz no one will have them!

There was no nation of Palestine before or during the time of Israel.

You know land that is occupied is usually won in a war……

After WW2 Japan and Germany got most of their land back.
    I am sure I can come up with more examples later…

You say that there is no occupation , let me qoute Sharon:
    “You cannot like the word, but what is happening is an occupation – to
    hold 3.5 million Palestinians under occupation. I believe that is a terrible
    thing for Israel and for the Palestinians,”

“It can’t continue endlessly,” Sharon said. “Do you want to stay forever in
    Jenin, in Nablus, in Ramallah, in Bethlehem? I don’t think that’s right.”

Even a man like Sharon recognizes that there is an occupation.

• There’s an occupation alright and it’s not the Isreali’s…

True this is an occupation, but who went to the UN first for the establishment of nationhood?….

• @Deviant:Scripter:

There’s an occupation alright and it’s not the Isreali’s…

right.
    It’s Iraq. . . .

• Well, some things:

in WWI, no allied Army made it onto german soil. That’s why the legend of the "stab in the back’ arose.
    In most wars the winner gave back some of the conquered territory, and kept some other parts. But then, in those days there usuaully was a peace treaty sey up for these things.

For the “giving back and stopping building new settlements”, you should really pay more attention.
    “We keep establishing new settlements, but we must not cheer about them anymore” …something along these lines was said by Sharon after the road-map was “put into action”.

• 1.) What do you think would happen (realistically) if Israel killed Arafat?

2.) If they sent him to another country?

• If they killed him, then Israel should prepare itself for something that makes the Intifadas look like kindergarten party.
    If they sent him away, they would lose whatever little control they have over him, not making their situation better.

• Hmmm, what if he just disappeared one day? (IDF snatches him) And Isreal denies all involvement?

• Well, noone would believe them.
    Israel is to fundamentalist muslims like Saddam was to GWB. Whatever the first says, the second would not believe a word.

• unfair comparison. saddam consistently lied whenever it suited him (in dealing with the US, it was generally all the time), he was not in any way, shape or form trustworthy

• @Yanny:

Israel’s Government should be held to a much higher standard than Palestinian terrorists.

So are you saying the Govt. of Israel can’t bomb the terrorists, but the terrorists can bomb Israel?

• @Janus1:

unfair comparison. saddam consistently lied whenever it suited him (in dealing with the US, it was generally all the time), he was not in any way, shape or form trustworthy

In the eyes of fundamentalists muslims, Israel might be even worse.
    It’s not that i make the comparison for myself, but it’s what i would think that fundamentalist muslims think of Israel…

@Grigoriy:

@Yanny:

Israel’s Government should be held to a much higher standard than Palestinian terrorists.

So are you saying the Govt. of Israel can’t bomb the terrorists, but the terrorists can bomb Israel?

A gov’t that calls itself democratic must by definition have different standards than terrorists, and from my western and european point of view, the standards the gov’t should follow are what i call “higher”. So, i agree with Yanny.
    A democratic gov’t can not go out and bomb or shoot whoever they like. A terrorist can. An attacked democracy must defend itself though, with the appropriate means in due proportions to the attack!

• I understand the fact that a “democratic” govt. would not and should not go around indiscriminately bombing its enemies, but I don’t see why if that government has enemies, and knows that the enemies are going to attack, they can’t prevent the attack and thereby save lives that would have been lost by allowing the attack in the first place.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m