• I recently bought a copy of Axis and Allies over the internet at a used game place. The game is in great shape and runs perfectly. I know how to play the game from having played it at school but I have a question. The game i bought didn’t come with a rule book or instruction manual so I’m wondering, what is the system behind determining what dice turn red when you attack or are defending? I understand that you get to roll as many dice as men you have but what determines if the dice turn red and are a hit or not? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Ryan

• Inf hit at 1 on atk, 2 on def
    arm hit 3 atk, 2 def
    ftr hit 3 atk, 4 def
    bomber hit 4 atk, 1 def

trans hit 0 atk, 1 def
    carrier hit 1 atk, 3 def
    sub hit 2 atk, 2 def
    battleship hit 4 atk, 4 def

• @TG:

Inf hit at 1 on atk, 2 on def
    arm hit 3 atk, 2 def
    ftr hit 3 atk, 4 def
    bomber hit 4 atk, 1 def

trans hit 0 atk, 1 def
    carrier hit 1 atk, 3 def
    sub hit 2 atk, 2 def
    battleship hit 4 atk, 4 def

To translate what Moses said into plain English, each unit has a certain attack and defence rating. This rating is what the unit needs to roll in order to hit the opposing forces. For example, when an infantry unit is attacking, it can only hit if a 1 is rolled but when it defends, it hits if it rolls a 2 or below. That’s what each number means.

• the anti-aircraft gun fires a one time kill shot at a 1 to kill all attacking planes. and battleships may bombard with an amphibious assault at an attack of 4

• Yeah, I think they just about covered everything

To help you out, here are the Abbreviations

inf = infantry
    ftr = fighter/plane
    arm = armor/tank
    bmb = bomber
    trn = transport
    ac = aircraft carrier
    sub = submarine
    bb = battleship

• If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask them. Oh, and how would you like to play a game against me? I’m also relatively new to the game, especially in comparisson to the Axis and Allies masters here.

• I don’t know about that game. I mean, I’m a rookie. I just got the game last week and am still warming up to it but if you wanna play a game then I’m in. I rarely come here to check these posts but if you wanna play then you can just email me at soccerryan042002@yahoo.com and just tell me about it cause I’m new to the idea.

• I don’t know about that game. I mean, I’m a rookie. I just got the game last week and am still warming up to it but if you wanna play a game then I’m in. I rarely come here to check these posts but if you wanna play then you can just email me at soccerryan042002@yahoo.com and just tell me about it cause I’m new to the idea.

• Don’t worry, it only took me about 2 games (though it was in front of real “experienced” players) before my playing style became somewhat proficient (sad to say, no more buying Battleships with UK :( ). I’m sure with Emu helping you out, you should be a pro in no time :P

• Experts? HA!
    The battleship only gets a one time shot at 4 or less to hit to start amphibious invasions.
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “We’re all experts @ something. Some @ sleeping, some @ eating, most @ bragging about our grandios hallucinations of an endless string of victories @ A&A and other beer(or pop[a local expression for soda]) and pretzel games.” - Xi

• Good to see you’re back, Xi. :roll:

• You can download a printable copy of the rule book of this very site.

http://www.hasbro.com/instruct/AxisandAllies.PDF

Edit: OOPS, soon u die already took care of that.

:oops:

• @TG:

Good to see you’re back, Xi. :roll:

TGM6,
    What are u doing behind me! Trying to sneak up on me, eh! Attempting to look over my shoulder and see my Glorious A&A Victory Plan!

NO! Not U! U were going to stab me in the back, weren’t U! But, U won’t get away with it! I’m too smart for U. I have witnesses! You saw him SUD! And you, too, SCRYN2-2 and TJC!

WAIT! I see it now! You are all conspiring against me! I can hear it in the way you breathe! I feel it in the air! But, I’m too much of a genius! You’ll never get away with it! I’ll have you all impaled on giant stakes along my Glorious Road to Victory! Ah, HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHA!
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Excuse me. I have to go take my medications now. But, it’s been nice chatting with you! - Xi

• @Xi:

@TG:

Good to see you’re back, Xi. :roll:

TGM6,
    What are u doing behind me! Trying to sneak up on me, eh! Attempting to look over my shoulder and see my Glorious A&A Victory Plan!

NO! Not U! U were going to stab me in the back, weren’t U! But, U won’t get away with it! I’m too smart for U. I have witnesses! You saw him SUD! And you, too, SCRYN2-2 and TJC!

WAIT! I see it now! You are all conspiring against me! I can hear it in the way you breathe! I feel it in the air! But, I’m too much of a genius! You’ll never get away with it! I’ll have you all impaled on giant stakes along my Glorious Road to Victory! Ah, HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHA!
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Excuse me. I have to go take my medications now. But, it’s been nice chatting with you! - Xi

Wow! Xi really IS back.
    no denying that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m