• congrats to Senegal on advancing to the next round.

• Who knows, with luck they have a good chance of making it in the semifinals.

• Some stats:
    (1)No african team ever won the world cup (or even made it to the finals).
    (2)Even spain was always good, they only once achieved any major international title (1964, european champion).
    (3)England’s gone through the group with Sweden, Argentina and Nigeria, not what i call an easy group. They had some luck though, but that’s what’s it all about.
    (4)Germany is going to go for it’s 14th quarterfinal in its 15th world cup.
    (5)Up to now, Mexico never qualified for a semifinal. The US on the other hand qualified once for a semifinal (in 1930 though g).
    (6) have a look @
    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/en/t/st/index.html

[ This Message was edited by: F_alk on 2002-06-16 21:21 ]

• @TG:

Sierra Leone!? Isn’t that a part of France!? But they get beat by third world Senegal, which is kinda sad considering they won the cup last year. But you should’ve seen the celebration in Senegal, the President declared it a National Holiday and rode around in the country a top a pickup truck with a Soccer Ball in his hands!

T 6,
    Yeah! My Goof. I Knew it was ona dem S African kuntrys. Jest tryin ta sho off mi edykashun. I’m glad he could selabreat. I din’t know Steven Senagal was a third wirld kuntry all to hisself. It must be ruff!
    –------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I larn sumtin knew evry day! " - Xi

• @Yanny:

Sierra Leon is a west African country :smile:

I knwe dat. I wint to collage wiht a pre-mad Sahara Leonian. He slept 3 ours a nite an studyd da rest o da time. Fer fun an xersize he played soccer wiht 5 other Afrikans n me.
    –------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Da wirld is a mazin place to be a humin bean!” - Xi

• Well, how bout dat!
    US beat Meheco(spelled as pronounced). And now to play Germany.
    Two LOSERS gonna play each other if I put the above lines of thinking together…
    “Go USA”…hopeful
    and
    “Germany will not win it’s next game.”

Be realistic.
    Who’s gonna win?

“Go Sri Lanka!” - Xi

• I though I heard that football(soccer) in the USA is played by 17 million kids now. that was compared to 5.5 million kids playing baseball. Is dat rite?
    –------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    America is changing. It’s dat EVIL Euroinfluence. AHHHHHHHHHH! :lol: - Xi

• Us makes Semi Finals… Who the HELL can see that coming?

• My Lord this is indeed intresting! I can’t believe USA won! I guess this proves we’re the better nation once and for all (heh-heh). They play Germany next, and I think they have a good shot at winning.

USA vs. Sengal in the Finals! (I think it’ll be the first time either CONTINENT has won a World Cup) :D

• “I though I heard that football(soccer) in the USA is played by 17 million kids now. that was compared to 5.5 million kids playing baseball. Is dat rite?”

Where did you get those stats from? How does Basketball rank?

• Wouldnt surprize me. My town has about 1000 pre-High School Soccer players, and only about 500 pre-High School Baseball players. Also, its Town vs Town for Soccer, Baseball we play against ourselves.

• That’s what I’m thinking. My school also sponsors a soccer program and I though there would be way more than 17 million players. Also, soccer is much better in baseball IMO because there’s really no size limit onto how you play (though I prefer confined spaces myself.

• in Canada more people are beginning soccer than lacing up (hockey skates). It’s a cheaper sport, and it gets you outdoors, and you don’t have to play at 2 in the morning.

• @TG:

My Lord this is indeed intresting! I can’t believe USA won! I guess this proves we’re the better nation once and for all (heh-heh). They play Germany next, and I think they have a good shot at winning.

USA vs. Sengal in the Finals! (I think it’ll be the first time either CONTINENT has won a World Cup) :D

:D
    Well, we will see….
    my finals: Germany loses to Senegal 0:1

And if you were a non-archtypical american, you could have known by my post that neither a north american or african team ever even made to the finals big grin

Ve vill see, who is betterrr in soccerrrr… Zee Gerrrmans vill vin ! :D

• USA made it to the quarter-finals now vs. Germany, NOT the semifinals… and they won’t win. And Brazil has to play england in the quarter’s. Spain has to play either italy or south korea, and senegal has to play against either japan or Turkey in the Quarter-FInals.

What I am saying is this… top three are gonna be as follows:

1. Brazil/England
    2. Spain
    3. Germany
      [[4) Senegal]]

• My God, S. Korea just made history and beat Italy!!

With the way things are going (ie USA defeating Mexico, Senegal taking on all comers), we might just as well add Asia to the list of CONTINENTS that haven’t won World Cups. If they could beat Italy, then S Korea has a great chance of going toe to toe against Spain.

• Spain Vs S. Korea
    Turkey Vs Senagal

i Can’t wait for saterday

• If the referees go on like this, then Korea can’t lose a single match.
    That was laughable !
    And: how can you put a referee on a mtach, when he comes from a country that has been shot out by one of the two teams???

• did you watch the womans gold medel hockey game during the olimpics?

• @mini_phreek:

did you watch the womans gold medel hockey game during the olimpics?

my goodness miniphreak. that was amazing. i don’t think that the Italians can complain as loudly as the Canadians would deserve to had they actually LOST that match . . . .
    my Italian friends were fit to be tied tonight. it was almost amusing watching them. in fact, some of them were downright hilarious. Poor Italians . . . .

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m