• Har-har. Good one. :smile:

“Choose the line (or course) of least expectation.”

Maybe that’s why I keep losing to the strangest strategies. “You’re landing troops in Spain!? How stupid is that!?” –— or ----- “You’re building and IC HERE!??” 'Nuff said. :smile:

• actually, having the US land in Spain is not such a bad move: Either germany takes Spain, and therefor stretches his western defenses thin, or leaves it, and allows the allies to build up a massive force for further attack there. Not an easy call….

• I think I might just have to test that one!

• Well I’m not trying to take anything away from a Spain landing. I nfact, it’s probably the ONLY worthwhile neutral country worth taking! But you have to admit you don’t see it every game, and therefore, I haven’t come up with the effective measures to counter it. The upside is that you can stretch German supply lines or have an alternative invasion route if the Germans stacked too many inf in WE.

• Sounds good to me!

• Ab,
    Oh, HTML! I’m gonna start learnin’ dat next week or else I B A dinosaur(stinkt) soon.
    Tanks,
    –-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Did you know that vasistdas means transom in French? I bet if you think hard enough you can figure out why that is so.” - Xi

• Actually, there are quite a few nice Neutral Countries worth taking. Mongolia can be very useful to Japan. Turkey can be useful for Germany. An IC in Swiz. can be very beneficial to the Axis. All the South American ICs are excellent to use as Japan to Outflank the US.

• Sorry, I still don’t see how an IC in Switzerland can benefit the axis. I’ve read that same idea in other threads as well, particularly a Japanese IC in Switz. Please explain how it helps the axis…

• How do you invade neutral countries in the computer game? Whenever I try to invade one, I get the illegal move message.

• Xero, Make sure you have 3 IPCs remaining in your treasury before invading.

Yanny, Also I don’t really see the advantages in landing it Switz, Turkey, or Mongol. It just seems like a waste of 3 IPCs since the surrounding terriotries can net me INCOME. Please enlighten me.

• I agree, T6.
    Well, Yannamoto?
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Switzerland?” - Xi

• Over in the Axis and Allies games I play, there’s a house rule that if you do invade a
    Neutral country, you collect 1 IPC at the end of every turn. That way there is an advantage (and a disadvantage obviously if your opponent takes it from you) to taking a neutral country and holding it to gain extra income. It’s great since the investment is long-term benefit, and neutral countries should have some industrial production capability. Also, Axis can only invade neutral countries (though Allies can save 3 IPCs by retaking them and gain the bonus), which helps even out the sides a bit.

• Methinks it should take 3 INF to invade Switzerland and 5 to invade Mongolia(or sumthin). I see value in them, BUT greater cost due to mountainous resistance :P
    –------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “What! No YanEsponse?”- Xi

• No way! Mongolia has nothing in it but deserts and camels with the odd town here and there. Switzerland is mostly mountains and plateau but at least it has some resources such as metals. Spain was quite resourceful with minerals and if any place should be worth more, it should be it.

• True. How 'bout this, for every neutral country worth a damn, it generates 2 IPC but cost 6 IPC (so you still to wait three turns to equal out the income) and with at least 2 inf (or a combination of ARM) to invade. And for every “worthless” country (ex. Afgan, ect.) it cost 3 IPC to invade with at least 1 inf and generates 1 IPC. Of course you still have “heavies” like Saudi Arabia, but I’ll include them into the 2 IPC bracket for now. :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m