Strategy for short victory conditions

• Here’s a thought: with the one capital shorter victory condition (this excludes Moscow) this board is perfect for a Kill Japan First strategy. My ideas are to hit Manchuria with everything that USSR can send, drop an aircraft carrier in Australia with UK and consolidate all fleet/air, and build all Pacific with USA, by turn 2 you can have a multinational fleet off Hawaii that rivals Japans. Give up India to Japan so the unchallenged & strong Germans won’t ever get that factory. Who cares if Moscow falls turn 3 or 4, Germany won’t be able to turn around and take UK before Tokyo falls. Hopefully if Japan didn’t know what is coming they will buy a transport turn 1 and start amphibious assaults on the emptied India and liberation of Manchuria. Give them a 1-2 punch of America then UK and hope you get good dice. (I know this is very vague strategy I haven’t sat down and played it out with a unsuspecting opponent)

• if russia takes manchuria, even with 3 inf and tank, moscow is dead g2, max g3. German forces could go to London… but i think they’d rather spread out. so when they take china, they can help the japanese keep their mainland territories. using the IC in caucasus they can also attack the middle-east and the commonwealth.

It’s nice idea, but i think russia needs everything it has to buy time.

• Customizer

Another problem is if you heavy navy in the Pacific, especially with the UK adding to it, Japan may very well turtle on Tokyo. They might just pull all their fleet back to home waters and sacrifice it for defense, meanwhile just putting men on Japan itself. With the low income of this game, it would be hard even for America to get enough transports, men and tanks to actually invade Japan. It’s possible they could simply hold out until Germany takes Moscow and London.

• ^
    At least if they do that the UK can take some extra IPC and what not, thus being better suited to take on germany.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m