• I sent them an email (via their customer service site) and got a response in an hour!  The address is:

Wizards of the Coast
    Attn:  Product Replacement
    Renton, WA  98057-0707

• @Panzer2C:

I sent them an email (via their customer service site) and got a response in an hour!  The address is:

Wizards of the Coast
    Attn:  Product Replacement
    Renton, WA  98057-0707

So they required the old strip be returned as proof of payment?

• they did’nt ask me to send anything.

• I’m kind of confused.  Some people have posted saying that WOTC wanted the old battle strip in return for the new one, while others said that sending an email was enough.  I’ve sent the email and have been added to the list, but I just want to be sure that is all I need to do.

And

So they required the old strip be returned as proof of payment?

Apparently they dont have their procedure straight. Some people are being told to send it in and others are not. Here is the email response I received:

_Thank you for providing the information we requested. However, it’s important to know that the incorrect Battle Strips are the proof of purchase for the extra pieces we are sending out. (I’m sorry, we should have told you this in the first email). Therefore, please send us your Battle strip to:

Wizards of the Coast
    Attn: Product Replacement
    P.O. Box 707
    Renton, WA 98057-0707

Once we receive it, we’ll be able to send out your correct Battle Strip and extra Tactical Bombers. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter._

Honestly I think they just need to make a frickin’ policy about how they want it done and stick to it…

• @Uncle_Joe:

Apparently they dont have their procedure straight. Some people are being told to send it in and others are not….Honestly I think they just need to make a frickin’ policy about how they want it done and stick to it…

I’m thinking the guy who wrote the memo explaining the exchange policy is the same guy who wrote the Political Situation Rules.

• Official Q&A

It’s very simple: Anyone who had already put in their claim before Monday is “grandfathered in” and not required to return the old battle strip, but anyone putting in their claim after that is required to do so.

• @allboxcars:

@Uncle_Joe:

Apparently they dont have their procedure straight. Some people are being told to send it in and others are not….Honestly I think they just need to make a frickin’ policy about how they want it done and stick to it…

I’m thinking the guy who wrote the memo explaining the exchange policy is the same guy who wrote the Political Situation Rules.

Lol

Seriously though, just think what a convoluted nightmare the Political Rules are going to be for Europe. I should sell them the political rules I came up with for my A&A Europe 1939 set up–less than half a page and very clear and concise…

• I haven’t spoken to WotC at all since early January when I requested replacement battle strips for both games I bought and tactical bombers. I 6 bombers for each game and a new battle strip for each game.

The Battle strips are even printed right! :-) Altough, some of the bombers took a little beating in the mail, it is nice to have them.

I wonder if there will be a video of a happy Hitler? :wink:

• Leave it to WOTC to complicate things.

• @Todd7912:

The Battle strips are even printed right! :-) Altough, some of the bombers took a little beating in the mail, it is nice to have them.

I wonder if there will be a video of a happy Hitler? :wink:

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Ulk_73cjI

:lol:

• @Todd7912:

Altough, some of the bombers took a little beating in the mail, it is nice to have them.

so how much is a little beating?

• Well I got my missing china infantry in the mail today, though a surprise, packaged with it was 6 more Japanese Tact bombers a new battleboard.

• Yep, finally got my replacements also!  New battle strip and 6 Jap tac bombers.  I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised how quickly they arrived.  Hopefully everyone else who is on the list begins to get theirs as well.

• Got my Battle Strip and the 6 tactical bombers today along with a very nice letter from ‘Sam’ at WOTC.  An interesting sentence in the letter reads: “……While the game is only supposed to have 3 more Japanese tactical bombers than what you originally received, we’re tossing in an extra 3 because of the delay you had to experience…”  So, it looks like it was originally a packaging error rather than an analytical error.(?)

• What is the email address for wizards? I have tried to use the one listed on their site, which appears to me to be just a webpage and not an actual email address (Email
    http://www.wizards.com/customerservice) and it doesn’t register?

• I am assuming I have to sign up on their site and message their forum?

• Yes you do have to sign up but you dont have to post anything on the forums.  You give them your email address, creat a user name, all that Jazz.  Just follow the link you posted and click on “email us”.  That should take you where you need to go.

• Thank you mike!

• No problem.  Always a pleasure to help out a fellow AA gamer!

• @allboxcars:

@Todd7912:

Altough, some of the bombers took a little beating in the mail, it is nice to have them.

so how much is a little beating?

In each bag there is 1 bomber with bent wings. But there are six in each bag, so I am happy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m