• Sorry was in a hurry. Japan hit china hard with most of his airforce and allies didnt have time to hit before he got regarrisoned. Nobody declared war (mistake perhaps) mixed with great rolls by japan. J4 war was declared. Us wasnt built up enough. Anzac needs to be aggressive quick but i did badly there. I also cant roll for nothing no matter the game. China got owned fully shortly followed by uk. Anzac (me) tried to backdoor them but i didnt move soon enough to be effective. Us tried to help but the force didnt serm enough even with wartime economy.

• I held awhile with infantry in australia but i just cant roll even with pverwhelming forces

• Italy could beat Japan if Japan only rolls sixes.  Give it a few more games.  Even if it is decided that Japan has an advantage, a couple infantry can change everything.

• @dinosaur:

Italy could beat Japan if Japan only rolls sixes.  Give it a few more games.  Even if it is decided that Japan has an advantage, a couple infantry can change everything.

Italy is not in the Pacific game.

• Yes, BD, I was making a point about drawing conclusions about the game after rolling high numbers all game, first game.

• Oh i know that a lot was rolls. But we also made a lot of mistakes.

• This sounds WHOLE lot like my first couple of games. Japan would win by killing China, then storming India with her airforce and holding the DEI with her fleet. The U.S. would kind of hang around Hawaii in an attempt to “threaten” Japan with a couple of transports. Once we realized that the U.S. can crank out A WHOLE FLEET EVERY SINGLE TURN things became easier for the Allies. Scan the forums for the “conveyor belt” strategy. That’s what changed everything for me.

• War wasn’t declared until that late? How did Japan get through the stack of infantry in India? I’m assuming you bought all infantry in India, not aircraft carriers or something silly like that, right?

• @TexCapPrezJimmy:

War wasn’t declared until that late? How did Japan get through the stack of infantry in India? I’m assuming you bought all infantry in India, not aircraft carriers or something silly like that, right?

Well we played another game today and realized a lot of the problem came down to two things. We didnt know how to use anzac us or uk effectively. And we kept forgetting NOs and lost A LOT of ipcs. That was also only our first game of 1940 and second of aaa total. On todays game allies won. Us fortified hawaii and the phillipines right away. Anzac focused on a navy china defended burma road better and uk played mainly defensive. Japan did good until he left japan mainly unguarded and us swept up.

• play a few more games.  Japan should take Phillipenes right away on J1 and the US should not be able to fortify it.

• @Captain:

play a few more games.  Japan should take Phillipenes right away on J1 and the US should not be able to fortify it.

If they do that though they also need to take the uk space along the china coast to prevent both us and uk from their NOs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m