• would certianly make for a fun house rule but where would they fit in? like who would they go after?

• No

• I think Canada should be like China, with its own pieces, but controlled by another player unless you have enough players.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

would certianly make for a fun house rule but where would they fit in? like who would they go after?

They could/would go after the Germans in game terms i suppose,as they wouldn’t be doing much in the Pacific besides air crews and some naval personnel.

places to go-Hong Kong, Sicily, Italy, Dieppe, Normandy,southern France, Canadians fought for all of them.

And I believe by war’s end they had the 3rd largest navy.

• I wonder if instead of adding Canada and Anz etc as separate powers, if you could just lump all the Commonwealth (CWP) into one power. You could use the Anz units to represent the Commonwealth Power (CWP). It would take its turn in the Anz spot in the rotation. What ever the total IPC value is for UK (including Anz) take a % (maybe as high as 1/2) and spend that much money at any of the 4 minor IC’s. Maybe have to split between at least 2 of them with some kind of cap per IC based on a given region in its control.
    If there is an NO geared to a particular IC (like the Anz-New Guenna, Dutch New G, Sol, and New Britten) then earmark it to that IC. You probably should have an NO for each mini power. If you start loosing control of the 4 IC any left over $ would revert back to the UK itself, keeping in mind that each minor IC would have a cap. If England builds other IC it should also be included in the CWP.

4 minor IC locations:

1. Anz
    2. India
    3. Canada
    4. S Africa or Egypt

Does anyone think this is doable, or have suggestions that might make it work.

• They had a larger wartime economy by the end of the conflict than either Japan or Italy.

I have to say, I’m not entirely convinced by this line of thinking. Canada was untouched by the war and able to manufacture in peace within it’s own borders. Its wartime economy was also boosted by the fact that Britain and Russia were buying things it made. Like the US, Canada was one of the only countries to make money from the war.

Italy was occupied from 1943 onwards, and had the war fought on its own soil. Japan’s industrial centers were bombed relentlessly from '44 onwards, and they were being starved of fuel and materials vital for production in the later war stages by the Allies. Also, there is no comparison between the number of men fielded and lost by both Italy and Japan to Canada.

And I believe by war’s end they had the 3rd largest navy.

See above.

I do, however, think that if Anzac deserved its own place, then so did Canada. In fact, I think Canada deserved it more. I would like to see an option in the global game where the Empire is under British control, but if new players are introduced then Canada and Anzac could be a stand alone under a single player. I still think that whatever we see in the European game may differ from the ‘global rules’ merged game. We shall see.

I don’t think splitting the ‘minor’ Empire territories makes sense. They were really ‘support’ arms for British efforts. Canada is an exception in terms of production.

I would really like to see the stats for war production/troops fielded for all Empire territories (UK included) in order to see just how the Empire would break down. All house rules should at least start from some kind of historical basis.

• One of things about the "global game"is that there are so many new powers. I think what they should have considered was different sculpts for some of these powers still under the control of one player (limit the differing scuplts for Canada and Anzac to Infantry maybe). In the European version Canada as a power should be fine. In the global game a trillion different powers will drive me nuts.

I would rather see different infantry sculpts for Anzac and Canada rather than see them as whole new powers, merely to keep gameplay flowing.

• I can see adding Canada for accuracy reasons, but I think it would add uneccesary complexity with no real gameplay benefit…

• @Mooch:

I can see adding Canada for accuracy reasons, but I think it would add uneccesary complexity with no real gameplay benefit…

Agreed

• i don’t know, remember candida did help the UK a lot in the war

• Maybe just a rule that every one of your ICs (not ones you conquered) must produce at least one unit.

So the UK would get a steady stream of minor reinforcements from across the Commonwealth.

Maybe not where the UK would want to spend their money but it’s still pretty KISS.

And definitely make interdiction in the Atlantic more pivotal.

• Customizer

I really don’t think ANZAC is justified in Global; this is really just a hangover from Pacific.

You might as well have Romania and Finland as separate powers; at least these changed sides near the end, so had more of an independent nature than the UK Dominions.

• Yes I agree, there is no need for ANZAC or Canada in the global game. How many UK puppets do we need anyway?

• I would think there will be AB & NB somewhere in eastern Canada. I know Newfoundland wasn’t part of Canada, but Canada took over the defense of the air and naval bases there. An AB on Newfoundland may be able to scramble by rule if it meets the requirements for an island (it would be an island in AA50 if it was named). This would give the allies a safe haven in that part of the Atlantic, or be a good staging point. It could also be targeted by the Germans to give them a foot hold in the Americas (that would take some serious effort). I also could see a minor IC in Quebec. India & Anz gets an IC why not Canada. This would be a good place for the UK to build fleet if it lost control of the sz’s around England, and would have the support of the US.

I was wondering if all the Canadian Provinces will be represented. W US seems to be about 1/3 of the US, if that’s the case shouldn’t Alberta and Northwest Territories be on the Pacific map, maybe even Saskatchewan?

• If you really want Canada in the game. Use the red pieces from the old AAPacific as your Canadian troops. Place the red pieces that start in a Canadian territory at the beginning of the game. On your first UK turn buy an Industrial Complex and place it in your favorite Canadian province. Each UK turn after that, any pieces you place in your Canadian complex will be red to represent Canadian. I am sure your opponent will be more that happy to see you placing your pieces in Canada instead of UK since it is further from the action. In fact he/she might even agree to you having a free Industrial Complex in Canada. Have fun.

• @Brain:

I am sure your opponent will be more that happy to see you placing your pieces in Canada instead of UK since it is further from the action. In fact he/she might even agree to you having a free Industrial Complex in Canada.

But will my opponent still be happy when I start pencilling IPC values all over the Dominion’s Provinces until Canada’s cranking out 10 IPCs per turn?  :lol:

• Don’t we get a NO? Like controlling the Netherlands?

• @allboxcars:

@Brain:

I am sure your opponent will be more that happy to see you placing your pieces in Canada instead of UK since it is further from the action. In fact he/she might even agree to you having a free Industrial Complex in Canada.

But will my opponent still be happy when I start pencilling IPC values all over the Dominion’s Provinces until Canada’s cranking out 10 IPCs per turn?  :lol:

If Canada wasn’t getting the 10IPC’s then the UK would, so what is your point.

• Maybe they’re 10 Canadian IPCs?  :-D

• @valthonis:

Maybe they’re 10 Canadian IPCs?   :-D

Frankly I’d be surprised if there were 5 IPCs on the AAE40 board’s Canadian territories.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m