• We have discussed North Korea, now let’s talk Iran.

• Ah another one of the Axis of Evil.

• Its really not that big of a deal

• Yeah all they need is a couple commercial planes.

• I voted : SO WHAT

USA has them. Many western countries have them
    India, Pakistan have them (and we know how India and Pakistan hate each other)

We shouldn’t tell what others can and can’t do, if we can’t do it ourselves (Aka, don’t get bombs, although we have it. The WE refer to USA, and not Canada, because Canada doesn’t have the bomb)

Of course, I am very concerned. Why do they want the nuclear weapons? In my opinion, it is only to feel more powerful, a national pride, a desire to be acknowledged as a major power in the world.
    I don’t think anyone rational would want the nuclear weapon to use them as a weapon. Its more as an indirect tool of negociations

Robert

• That was an interesting spelling of the word annihilation.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Its really not that big of a deal

My thoughts exactly.

@Brain:

Yeah all they need is a couple commercial planes.

They’ve had them for decades.

At the heart of this is a desire for Iran to substitute nuclear power for it’s gas & oil energy production.  Nukes are a different development altogether.

• If we keep treating them like kids, they will keep acting like kids, rebellious ones at that.

• but its not americas job to determine what other countries are allowed to have

• Yes I agree, I don’t think we would want anyone telling us what to do.

• quack. no non-nuclear proliferation ideas?  just the lame argument " the west has them and America used them"? anything that counters the policies of the US is “good”. who cares if there are atom bombs everywhere,eh? as long as it pisses off those dumb Americans, thats all its aboot.  Iran just wants energy. :roll: You cant be that naive…or dumb…can you?  :|

• Americans arent dumb. Lazy yes, they rush into things before thinking that doesnt make them dumb. It just means that they dont think FIRST.

• Iran really wants nuclear power and weapons, and eventually they are going to get them. I have been hearing that they are gonna have a bomb in 18 months.

Of course they dont want to use them, they just want to be able to protect themselves from the US,
    but that is bad enough, the Iranian regime is a horrible one that is extremly ambitious and wants to be a the dominate power in central asia and the middle east, and a major power on the global stage.
    A powerful Iran today is as exceptible as a powerful germany in the 1930s. If  the US dosnt give Israel the green light to take out Iran’s nuclear facilties, no one in the middle east is going to feel safe and we will start seeing Turkery, Egypt and Saudi Arabia scrambaling for convential weapons and nukes of their own.

Its going to be hard enough disarming Iran even if we launched attacks against them today, they have a powerful military and air defence, and they can mine hormuz via artillery and aircraft.

The situation is only going to get worse, unless the Iranian people can some how change their gov from within, as of the elections that looks unlikly

if you dont think Iran having nukes is a big deal you being complacent, complacency is the wost sin and historicaly is always the cause of damnation.

I dont think the US has the gut, and even if they do victory isnt going to be pretty, so my choice was run to the hills.

• Should Israel take Iran seriously?

Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said more than once that Israel should be wiped off the map, and that the Holocaust is an overblown fairytale.

• I think you guys put to much faith in isreal. I like them but I think you forget they are surrounded by nations that hate them. Have you researched the facility in question? its miles underground. conventional weapons wont destroy something that deep. Besides an act like one you are claiming would be an invitation to open warfare. which isreal never does/should want. I like the idea of bombing it. But you cant just go blowing countries nuclear projects up just because you “dont like them” or dont want them to have it.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

Iran really wants nuclear power and weapons, and eventually they are going to get them. I have been hearing that they are gonna have a bomb in 18 months.

Of course they dont want to use them, they just want to be able to protect themselves from the US,
    but that is bad enough, the Iranian regime is a horrible one that is extremly ambitious and wants to be a the dominate power in central asia and the middle east, and a major power on the global stage.
    A powerful Iran today is as exceptible as a powerful germany in the 1930s. If  the US dosnt give Israel the green light to take out Iran’s nuclear facilties, no one in the middle east is going to feel safe and we will start seeing Turkery, Egypt and Saudi Arabia scrambaling for convential weapons and nukes of their own.

Its going to be hard enough disarming Iran even if we launched attacks against them today, they have a powerful military and air defence, and they can mine hormuz via artillery and aircraft.

The situation is only going to get worse, unless the Iranian people can some how change their gov from within, as of the elections that looks unlikly

if you dont think Iran having nukes is a big deal you being complacent, complacency is the wost sin and historicaly is always the cause of damnation.

I dont think the US has the gut, and even if they do victory isnt going to be pretty, so my choice was run to the hills.

Their is no country in the Middle East that can match the US in conventional warfare. So no matter how much respect you have for the Iranian military, The US would destroy every aircraft they have in about 1 week and every military vehicle they have in about 1 month and all that would be left would be guerilla warfare and urban fighting. Don’t forget it wasn’t that long ago that Iran and Iraq were going at it, and Iran was not having any success. And then try to remember how long it took the US to destroy the Iraq military.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

Iran really wants nuclear power and weapons, and eventually they are going to get them. I have been hearing that they are gonna have a bomb in 18 months.

A powerful Iran today is as exceptible as a powerful germany in the 1930s. If  the US dosnt give Israel the green light to take out Iran’s nuclear facilties, no one in the middle east is going to feel safe and we will start seeing Turkery, Egypt and Saudi Arabia scrambaling for convential weapons and nukes of their own.

Here is a link to the Ayatollah himself condemning the production or use of nuclear weapons: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8265899.stm

Nice Godwin.

You use diplomacy to disarm another country and then if that doesn’t stop them, you don’t give them a reason to use them by threatening or attacking.  I guess people never learned from our previous meddling in Iran.  The younger generations have been becoming pro-West, and if we did a stupid thing like started bombing, we’d lose that support that’s taken forever to achieve.

• US military may be superior than any country. (It is indeed, in conventional way). But if you truly believe that you can just go in and blow everything, you are dead wrong.

Diplomacy is the way to deal with countries nowadays. Not military.

• I couldnt have said it better myself. I completely agree with you Omega.

• @Omega:

Diplomacy is the way to deal with countries nowadays. Not military.

that sounds like post-modern BS to me. What is diplomacy based upon if not the willingness to harshly use econamic or military power? sure, many nations have common interests, but then diplomacy is easy. Right now Iran wants power it does not deserve and will use negitivly, so how do you purpose we stop them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w77sLtz754

It seems to me the iranian leadership was pretty effective in surpressing pro-western iranians after the election, perhaps we can wait till the next elections, but by then the Iranians are likly going to have a bomb.

Or think about this scenario: In three years Iran has a dozen nukes, but their is a popular movement in Iran to reform he government and make it more western. So the conservitive leadership, like any good dictatorship/theocracy would, decides to start a war to unify their control over the country once more.
    consider this quote by Goering:

"Of course the people don’t want war . . . But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship . . . Voice or no voice, the people can always to brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy.

“All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.”

It works the same in any country."

— Field Marshal Herman Goering

In this situation the US or any other country would have a very difficult time stopping Iran from attacking its neighbors, Isreal, or Hormuz.

@idk_iam_swiss:

But you cant just go blowing countries nuclear projects up just because you “dont like them” or dont want them to have it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article2983719.ece
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article2461421.ece

the advantage of being hated by everyone is that you dont give a $#!%

heres a cool map i found though, it is slightly outdated though because it dosnt have that the facility that was recetently revealed.

http://temi.repubblica.it/limes-heartland/how-israel-can-strike-iran/1334

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m