Field Marshal PLANE STANDS

• Ya I got to this whole site really late. I saw that whole thing posted a couple days ago about IWNGU trying to get these in stock. I will watch their stuff from now on. Thanks for the reply

• '17 '16

@bgugs:

Ya I got to this whole site really late. I saw that whole thing posted a couple days ago about IWNGU trying to get these in stock. I will watch their stuff from now on. Thanks for the reply

You’re not the only one… I just found this site early in 2016, so I’ve only been here a little over a year, despite being a big fan of A&A from the 1980s (I did, however recently get back into the game last year).

Anyways, yeah… FMG… ignore them… IWNGU, if they have something you want in-stock, don’t hesitate to order from IWNGU, they are a great and reliable company. Also, HBG is another reliable company to order from. Between HBG and IWNGU you should have all your A&A needs covered if you want to go above and beyond what you get in the box.

• '14

Ask and you shall receive!

These are not readily available pegs from an online store.  The ones we used here are extruded acrylic rods that need to be cut to length. They have HIGH machine tolerance levels. What that means is they are 0.001"+/- from the advertised diameter, and they can be press fit into the base without glue. And no, they will not work loose. You need pliers and a lot of force to pull them apart. The base has more than enough density to stand up right with the biggest bombers in the game even if the table is knocked around. The base is a nickel coated steel 12mm in diameter that fits the center of the counter chips perfectly just like the infantry do.

Having just mentioned the infantry, the stands are 32mm tall from the table top to the tip of the peg, leaving more than enough room for that pesky japanese bayonet.

I hope the community enjoys them as much as I did making them for you!

Flight stands by wartorn.jpg

• '17 '16

I like the use of magnets over peg-to-hole method… nicely done.

• '14

Yes sir. 3mm magnet. Fits right on top of the peg. No overlap. Peg is still small enough if you want to mount directly to the aircraft. Also worth mention. I have inserted 3mm steel blanks into my aircraft. Keeps them from bunching together in the piece tray, but give the magnets some strong to hang on to.

• '17 '16

@wartorn:

I have inserted 3mm steel blanks into my aircraft. Keeps them from bunching together in the piece tray, but give the magnets some strong to hang on to.

Even better… great idea… i’ll take a wild guess you put magnets in your carriers too?

• '14

THATS A GREAT IDEA!!! ;)

• Wartorn, where can we order some of the stands you’ve created?  And how do they attach to the planes?  Glue?  Sorry if I missed it in another thread or didn’t understand from a previous post.

• '14

What I did was glue a 1/8" x 1/32" magnet on the top of the flightstand peg. I also glued an identical magnet onto the plane itself. Works well with my magnetized carriers as well. That being said, the plane can also be permanently attached to the plane as well.  I haven’t officially made them available yet, but a few people put in orders at YG’s tournament back in September. If you wanted to put yourself on a list message me your email address and I will be in touch with some details. Thanks for the interest, hope to start hearing from everyone soon.

• @wartorn said in Field Marshal PLANE STANDS:

Yes sir. 3mm magnet. Fits right on top of the peg. No overlap. Peg is still small enough if you want to mount directly to the aircraft. Also worth mention. I have inserted 3mm steel blanks into my aircraft. Keeps them from bunching together in the piece tray, but give the magnets some strong to hang on to.

Can you point me in the direction of these steel blanks? I can’t seem to find any.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m