FINALLY! the new revised cards are available!!

• They gimped the Hago I think, the poor thing.  Didnt it used to be able to move through forests…Japan is getting worse nad worse!

• @Motdc:

Probablky means they were changed (updated)

I figuired out the guntransport thing…the 251 and the M5 now have got Gun Transport in addition to Fighting Platform.  Makes the 250 even more irrelevent

Mot it thought so to but its not like that either.  I’m wondering what that is?

• Some of the jnits (like the French Alpine) just got a year-change so its got the ribbon

Looks like they calmed down the gtreek soldier and officer…that good

• haha, they fixed the German Panhard with a year of 1939 that I reported to the WotC staff

• Ah, just noticed the 251 is up to 7 pts…now I see the diff between the 250 and 251…1 pt buys you better attack stats and Gun Transport

• they game the smovente enhanced range, whic it really neede to survive.  otherwise it was over-costed

• its a whole new ball-game now folks…finish your current matches, as the next games will be in the twilight zone!

• @Motdc:

its a whole new ball-game now folks…finish your current matches, as the next games will be in the twilight zone!

Someone needs to get to work and advise what units actually changed.

• Sounds like you are volunteering…

• HT and DK, you will be happy to know that units riding on the backs of tanks can now be targeted.

DK, you’ll be happy to hear my 6 BAR build is now broken.

• @Motdc:

HT and DK, you will be happy to know that units riding on the backs of tanks can now be targeted.

DK, you’ll be happy to hear my 6 BAR build is now broken.

Target practice

• Heh, I was on the fence of whether I should be buying any more A&A minis or not. Since it seems unlikely WotC will send me replacement cards for all of my cards that are now obsolete, even though I bought them in the last 6 months, I guess that makes the decision easy.

• Shemar, I wouldn’t look at things in this way.  The cards you have are playable, the game worked before and it was not broken.

They came to a cross roads and were faced with a decision.  Do you continue to make new sets playable with the old sets knowing that improvements could be made to the old sets and in doing so you would not incorperate improvements to these new sets?

What I feel they tried to do is fine tune the game pcs and rules to make more units usable and elimate the far superior units.  Also they attemped to make game play more realistic.

Again the old cards are still good but the new cards and rules should improve things (I HOPE).  We’ve been through a similar circumstance once before when they resized the units.  I still use my old units, looks stupid but…

• Well, yes, but they should have done it with the re-launch of the ‘basic’ set (1939-1945). They re-printed the manual, made a new starter set and changed the map size. It was with the assumption that this new starter set and basic set would be the ‘norm’ for the foreseeable future that I invested in this game.

Beyond that, the completely inadequate official support for this game, the fact that I play mostly online so the actual physical minitures are not being used and some rethinking of my budget priorities already had me re-evaluating A&A Minis as a budgetary concern, so this is just enough to push me in this direction.

As for the game itself, I have not looked at the individual unit changes, but the change of the stacking limits makes this ‘new’ edition significantly different from the previous one.

• @Shemar:

Well, yes, but they should have done it with the re-launch of the ‘basic’ set (1939-1945). They re-printed the manual, made a new starter set and changed the map size. It was with the assumption that this new starter set and basic set would be the ‘norm’ for the foreseeable future that I invested in this game.

Amen!

• So its said, they did a pretty good job on most of the units in the Revised cards.

The revised rules, as brief as they are, are FUBAR.

Correction, the stacking resolution rules are FUBAR.

3 units per hex, OK, no biggie.

Having to remember the order that you moved your units for the entire phase because you have to correct all overstacks at the end of each phase in reverse order (last in, first out) is un-7ucking-managable.

I am pissed as all hell  :x

• @Shemar:

Beyond that, the completely inadequate official support for this game

Agreed.  Like I’ve said before, I like the game a lot but it’s been dead since set III

• Regarding the stacking rules.

I don’t think it is about remembering the order of the units. Or if it gets to be about that the player is doing something wrong. I think the only essential difference is that now you can temporarily overstack hexes as long as by the end of the turn the stacking limits are obeyed.

For example imagine two adjacent hexes with 3 infantry (speed 1) units in them. Before it was impossible to ‘exchange’ units between those hexes. Now you can.

• Well that’s the rub.  “as long as by the end of the turn the stacking limits are obeyed” is not as easy as it seems.  If at the end of the turn a hex IS overstacked, you have got some pretty weird stuff to resolve that.

Mot

• Here’s an example I’vedon a dozen times:

With these new rules, you cannot start the game with your 88 or Bofors loaded on a transport, move to a drop location on turn 1, and dismount it.

To resolve the vehicle overstack you have to back out the last one in, as per the new rules.  Last one in is the Bofors gun, which then magically teleports back onto the Truck to resolve the overstack.

How is that not broken!?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m