• Hi, thanks for the input. I agree that the strategy is mostly a SJF unless of course Japan is lightly guarded, then a nice trick is to purchase bombers on the turn the USA move into Wake and then roll for heavy bombers on the Wake+1 turn. This allows for enough offensive firepower usually to destroy the Jap fleet and leave your transports free to unload on Japan, sometimes surprises the enemy. 'Course it requires playing in a tech game.

But back to topic, I guess my post topic wasn’t really what I was asking, I’ve gotten feedback on KJF in general, but what about specific moves for J1? Should Japan go Pearl Heavy with the UK airforce stationed in Canada? Or should they just buy trannies and ftrs and hole up around Japan? Anyone have any specific ideas? It just seems that no matter what Japan chooses they get the worst of it with the UK moves as described.

• I realize that this is a thread about how Japan can counter a KJF, but on the flip side…
    My buddy that I play A&A with (when he is the Axis) for some reason never attacks Ango-Egypt.  Tell me what you guys think about this British strategy towards Japan in my case:  SZ40 sub to Sol Is sub, SZ40 trn w/ 2inf to New Guinea, India fig to kwang trn (to land in Sink), Anglo-Egypt fig to FIC (to land in Sink), 3inf from india to FIC, India trn to pick up 1 inf and 1 arm to drop off in FIC.
    By the way, I know it seems silly to leave Anglo-Egypt so loose, but US will land in Algeria to put pressure on Germany.

• No units (other than those already in India) can be picked up by the UK SZ35 TRN on UK1 to land in FIC.

To grab Egypt, TJ or Persia units the TRN would make 1 move to SZ34, and its second (and last) move back to SZ35.

So the extra INF and ARM cannot reach FIC for a UK1 attack…

• @ncscswitch:

No units (other than those already in India) can be picked up by the UK SZ35 TRN on UK1 to land in FIC.

To grab Egypt, TJ or Persia units the TRN would make 1 move to SZ34, and its second (and last) move back to SZ35.

So the extra INF and ARM cannot reach FIC for a UK1 attack…

I realize I’m the new guy on the block, so respectfully I’d like to disagree.  It appears to me as though FIC touches SZ35 next to Calcutta.  Can I not conduct an amphibious assault with the transport?

• FIC has only one adjactend seazone and that is 36.

• No offense intended, but when I get outta work tonight I’m going to check my gameboard at home - I’m not convinced yet!  Sorry

• Well all the online gameboards clearly show that FIC is NOT adjacent to SZ35, but I could swear that my gameboard at home does… Oh well…
    But still, what do you think about the 3 inf from India attacking FIC along with the fig in Egypt?

• It’s a gamble with 50/50 odds, I made it in my last game, but it is nothing I would try in every situation.

• @captainjack:

No offense intended, but when I get outta work tonight I’m going to check my gameboard at home - I’m not convinced yet!  Sorry

I am looking at my game board (and at Battlemap) and neither of them have even the slightest hint that SZ35 (India sea zone) is directly adjacent to the land mass of FIC…

• I just looked at my physical gameboard - to me its clearly adjacent by at least 2/8 to 3/8 of an inch.  I know that is small - but adjacent none the less.  Again - I’m not trying to be difficult, I just dont understand how youre drawing the conclusion that its not adjacent.  Thanks

• From the avalon hill FAQ for revised edition:

Map

Does sea zone 14 connect to the Balkans? Does sea zone 35 connect to French Indochina?
    No in both cases.

• @Ranor:

From the avalon hill FAQ for revised edition:

Map

Does sea zone 14 connect to the Balkans? Does sea zone 35 connect to French Indochina?
    No in both cases.

Alright… I concede - I can’t argue with Avalon Hill.  (But for the record, I think AH did a poor job of drawing that sea zone line!) 
    Thanks guys - Sorry for the trouble!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m