• @Motdc:

Consider yourself lucky you joined late.  Alot of if shelled out the bucks from the beginning, only to find we have to re-purchase the same units in the new scale.

Dont get me wrong, its a fun game and even with different sizes its not too bad unless you play BOTH sizes of a unit within the same game.  (Meaning, playing the small and large stugs at the same tiem).  But I’m anal, you may not mind at all.  There are a LOT of really great units in the first 1 thru 5 sets and it’ll be years (if ever for some) before the re-release them all.  Plus soldiers and aircraft are the same through all sets.

I vacilate between continuing collection, sitting tight with what I’ve got, and selling the whole lot.  Its frustrating.  Personally even though I’m still collecting and trying to get the odd unit I need to complete all the sets, If I got a fair offer on the whole collection I’d consider it.  WotC really stuck it to us early-adopters.

Mot

what’s the missing unit(s)

• P38 and one of the the Crusaeder from Set I.  I may not have all the units from 39-45 but they were all repeats so I have them from their previous apperances.  I collect to be able to play 100 pt games.  So I wont have 2 Tigers because they are over 50 pts, but I will have 2 T-34’s because you would commonly have builds where you would want two.  Its a players collection :)  But I still want at least one of each.

• Thank you all for answering my questions and giving me some feedback.

I am a fan, if we can put it like this, of ww2 strategy games, table or computer based :) (DAK and 7th Panzer “Ghost Division” - France 39)

I have some 20 units in this moment, purchased in my country at a store (as booster packs 39-45), but I am expecting my North Africa case which should arrive from USA… hopefully.

Another question for you all “veteran players”: I made a map… quite huge. I had topographical aerial photos of my town (Google Earth type), put them together, then in AutoCAD made the array of hexes, turned out quite cool I would say, after I plotted it. Did someone try a thing like this and with what result? (I am yet to play on it).

• @RedBaron:

Another question for you all “veteran players”: I made a map… quite huge. I had topographical aerial photos of my town (Google Earth type), put them together, then in AutoCAD made the array of hexes, turned out quite cool I would say, after I plotted it. Did someone try a thing like this and with what result? (I am yet to play on it).

That sound fantastic, great job!

Did you modify it to create distinct hex-sized ares of any particular terrain?  Would you mind posting the file for us to look at?

• By the way, most of us play A&A Minis online here so feel free to join us!

• @Motdc

Yes, I will post it for you to see, but this will happen next week. The reason is that my plotter had it’s writing “heads” a little old and had to be changed with new ones in order to have a good / reasonable print. In this moment I have only a draft of the map, but next week should be ready. This map consist of some 8 sheets A0 type.
    About the hexes, well a lot of them are of one-type of terrain more or less, but there are also mixed ones… the terrain is real terrain.

Let me see if I can find you a picture (the original JPG) with a part of the map, but I don’t know how could I assign it, because it’s 5000x5000 pixels, and quite large… if I resize it, you wont be able to see the terrain details.

I must see how you guys play this game online… :)) , at this moment I am waiting for my DAK so… until it arrives I must concentrate on… other things.

Best Regards

• later edit: I see that maximum attachment size is 256 kb on this forum, so I think I will make a photo while the units are on the map; like that you may be able to see what’s going on… but as I said, next week.

re/

• There is a forum section called “Play Miniatures” where we post actions, roll dice with the builtin roller, and attach map files.

All the software etc needed is available in the pinned thread in this forum :)

• which software you use to open the mvf extension files?

• MapView.  Its in the pinned thread “A&A Miniatures Modules” at the top of this forum.

• ok, i found it. now i understand how you play this game online.

re/

• '19 Moderator

RB, what Town do you live in?  I work with AutoCAD and have access to a plotter, it might be cool to see the map you made and even try it out…

• I think tommorow I will post the pics (today I made a test with my plotter, made a little mistake with hex size - too little).

To answer your question, the town is Arad, country Romania (Eastern Europe).
    I am a little sad that Popular Collections http://www.popularcollections.com/axalmi.html (from where I ordered by Internet the cases) are not responding to me for almost 4 weeks now… they received the payment but… nothing. What do you recommend I do?

best regards,

• You may want to call to confirm when they shipped the package.  They have a phone number listed, if that an option for you.

• '19 Moderator

If you would like Email or PM me the details and I will call for you, I don’t know if they will discuss it with me, but I imagine that’s an expensive phone call for you.

btw. I had a layover in Bucharest once it was dark and I was only there for an hour, Maybe someday I will take a longer trip ;)

• The thing is that they answered two of my emails… every time they said “it’s ready to be sent… we will ship it in the next days, we where waiting for a case”… now I am waiting another day for an email answer from them, else I will call them. It’s just not right that they take the money and then… nothing, not a word.

Thank you for your support, as I said, I will call and if i can’t reach them by phone maybe you can  help me then. I still hope it will turn out ok.

Bucharest is the Capital city of Romania, I live in the western part of Romania, near the border with Hungary more or less. When you will have your next “stop” in Romania, hopefully it will be in the western part of the country so we can meet for a beer.

ps= I hope you weren’t scared about what you have seen in Bucharest, is not really the best city of Romania, but I guess it depends in which year you saw it.

best regards

• While you are waiting, drop over to the play-by-forum section and join us for an on-line match!

• @dezrtfish

i have some photos of the map i was talking about, from today’s skirmish. if you want, i can send them by email to you.

re/

• '19 Moderator

I like to see them, use the email link under my picture on the left

• ok, I sent you an email… hope you get it, it was some 6 mb.

sorry for the off-topic.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m