[Global 1940] Research and Technology

• Just wondering about the “pulse” of players when it comes to Tech. I agree it is a gamble that does hurt you if you fail repeated attempts using the OOB rules but the upside is big. Germany/USA/Japan have so much up side if they hit on one or two of them that I think it is worth the gamble.

If you like tech using the Variant of Tech Tokens makes it so every nation, beside China, can spend 10 IPC and every turn get to roll 2 dice for a tech, I think that adds some fun to the game, some insanity, element of luck and makes it worth while to buy Tech for every nation, even if it is just one tech token for ANZAC and every turn they get 1 die for a chance until they finally “hit” on a Tech.

One thing I do not like about the Tech rules is that if you roll, lets say, 3 dice and roll triple 6. You only get to roll 1 die to see which one you get. I wonder why they changed that from classic which allowed you to roll 3 dice and pick which tech you wanted from the ones rolled?

Moderator’s edit: added tag [Global 1940] to title.

• Tech in 1940 is just way too dicey.
    You can blast 100 IPCs for nothing.
    You can get something that is worthless to you.
    You can get insane luck and bulldozer with huge advantages.

In a game that people tend to want to reduce the luck factor, something as dicey as tech is not accepable.  Gloabl 1940 is too deep of an investment to lose due to bad tech roles.  Perhaps on a shorter game, but not here.

• We just do each victory city conversion gets one free technology roll and don’t both with the Research part of it so every time a new flag flies over a city, you get a roll and if two nations are battling over it, you have to accept the fact you’re getting tech rolls as well as your enemy.

• @Caesar:

We just do each victory city conversion gets one free technology roll and don’t both with the Research part of it so every time a new flag flies over a city, you get a roll and if two nations are battling over it, you have to accept the fact you’re getting tech rolls as well as your enemy.

So you give the Axis even more of an advantage than they already have?

• Axis gets full advantage in the early turns, this forces them to get more aggression there for no reason for them to use peace as a shield and if I am playing as the allies, I’d rather have them be aggressive at turn 1 than turn 4.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m