• With a Jap trans bid in sz60 Jap can do both pearl and take Hawaii, killing a an extra US fighter.
    Never seen this move often though.
    What if Jap places 1 inf each in Kwang, Manc. and Fic,
    Jap may get 9 inf in China J1….

• 1 like teh 1 fighter bid to NOrway. Then germany builds 4 figs rd. 1.  :-o. thats alot of planes.

• @cyan:

1 like teh 1 fighter bid to NOrway. Then germany builds 4 figs rd. 1.  :-o. thats alot of planes.

:-P rofl

• @cyan:

1 like teh 1 fighter bid to NOrway. Then germany builds 4 figs rd. 1.  :-o. thats alot of planes.

I would not give u 10 bid for axis.

• If I am not mistaken, the Ladder uses the FIDA bid system as well, which means you can place a maximum of HALF of the value of the bid as units prior to R1, with the remainder being IPC’s available for G1 and/or J1 purchases.

Thus a 12 bid is only a maximum 2 INF placed at the start of the, with $6 IPC left over.

Sorry, no DST’s or FIGs  :wink:

A&A.org has the least restrictive bid placements that I currently know of, and thus our bids tend to be lower than elsewhere (around $7).

• 2007 AAR League

I don’t suppose people would go for setting a standard bid amount here, at least for tournament / league play? I guess it takes out some of the flexibility, not saying I would necessarily argue for it, just a thought.

Having read that with the Ladder bid the Axis win 50.9% of games, that has a certain attraction.

• 2007 AAR League

@Ender:

Having read that with the Ladder bid the Axis win 50.9% of games, that has a certain attraction.

Yes it has.

I wonder what the %-age would be at A&A.org?

I am still of the opinion that without the FIDA/Ladder system (where half the bid is in cash), bids tend to be a bit lower than they need to be for Axis to be competitive. A bid of 7-8 ipc in starting units just isn’t enough, without the same amount of cash to back it up! (making it a 14-16 ipc bid)

Maybe fullplacement bids work for the really high-level players, who never makes a mistake with the Axis

But for the rest I just feel that the Axis are regularly picking the short straw. One inoptimal move in the East front Trading game, or the Japanese Asian Push Setup  & you’re out…

Thus, here I generally bid around 9-11 ipc, and then I am handed the Allies, when actually it is so much more fun playing the Axis  :-)

• 2007 AAR League

Why do you create the strawman of you being so special? (“strange that I’m the only one”)

If we were used to having such a high bid, maybe we could come up with that as well.

Time to get of your high horses perhaps?

As you´ll see if you look, no one mentioned a bid to japan before me hence my “question”.

I have played a fairly large amount of games and very very rarely seen a bid of any kind to japan.

Bids are getting higher, and if we would use the ladder biding (one unit/territory) we would be in the 8-9 ipc range now i think.

Tournament games in the 2vs2 tournament are fairly high.

• I still have trouble submitting a bid of 8, and I have bid as low as 5 on a regular basis…

So I get the Axis most of the time, and my League win rate is 60%, my overall win rate is nearing 70%

Am I a “high end player”?  Perhaps, but far from perfect, and far from error free; yet I still win as either Axis or Allies with about equal frequency a majority of the time…

• Time to get of your high horses perhaps?

As you´ll see if you look, no one mentioned a bid to japan before me hence my “question”.

Sorry, it was nothing personal Nix. It’s simply a pet peeve of mine when anyone makes themselves look so special. You could have asked the question more neutrally, but instead you chose to ask it in such a manner that makes you look like you’re on a high horse “wow, was I the only one who did this awesome thing with the bid?” is the exact impression that I got from your statement, because it was far too obvious. You could have asked “what do you guys think of this bid” or “how about Japanese bids? they seem to work for me.” Maybe I’m too “sensitive”, but it’s very easy to see how

Strange that im the only one that think

could strike a nerve. No hard feelings, Nix.

• 2007 AAR League

I have bid units to Japan before. An armor in Kwangtung is particularly effective and with a 9 bid like at tripleA, I’d even be inclined to place 1 inf in each of the 3 Asian territories.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m