Building ICs in other country's territories

• I know this is going to sound really stupid, but can I build an IC in a territory I captured from another country?  I realize it sounds foolish considering I already have a few build in and around the Pac Rim, but I wanted to build one in Novo and wasn’t sure I was allowed to. :? :? :? :? :| :| :| :| :|

Yep, that is legal.

One of the only restrictions is you cannot place IC’s in any of your Allies territories.  So UK and US can’t put an IC on say Novo, but if Japan captures Novo, then yep Japn can put an IC there.  Likewise Japan couldn’t build an IC on say EE.
    (This assumes all the capitals are still in play.)

I’ve built Japan IC’s in Chi and Sin before and a Japan IC on India is pretty common.

Edit:

One other restirction, it must be a territory you held at the beginning of your turn, not one you just captured.

• 2007 AAR League

If your ally’s capital has fallen, and you capture one of your ally’s original territories from the enemy, can you place an IC on it then?

• @rjclayton:

If your ally’s capital has fallen, and you capture one of your ally’s original territories from the enemy, can you place an IC on it then?

Yes.

• 2007 AAR League

@newpaintbrush:

@rjclayton:

Yes.

And if your allies capital is then liberated, the IC now belongs to your ally along with all other territories that you had liberated from enemy forces while his capital was in foriegn hands.

Note that occupying his territories (versus taking them from the enemy) does not net you any IPC.  Taking them from the enemy (while his capital is occupied) does gain you IPC.

• If i build an IC in a captured territory, and I lose that territory, and another ally takes it over, its now their IC.

Thats not even a question, I just feel its the answer to one of the next ones to be asked.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m