• I don’t really follow much sports these days, but I had to point this out since it is so incredible.  The Texas Rangers set an MLB record by scoring 30 (!!!)runs in one game against the Baltimore Orioles last night.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-rangers-records&prov=ap&type=lgns

Then they played another game, and came close to setting the league record for most runs in a doubleheader.

Being from Texas, and Nolan Ryan (my son is named Nolan :) ) being my favorite baseball player, I’ve liked the Rangers for a long time.  This was great to see from a team that’s struggling this season - and most seasons…

If you are interested in statistics, you should look up the stats on the game and individuals, particularly the Orioles relief team.  :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

Actually, they set the American League record. The MLB record is held by the Cubs(before they were the Cubs) with 36 in 1897 according to ESPN.

But still, 30 runs in one game. Embarassing. Talk about killing a teams ERA.

• 2007 AAR League

Wow :-o

• Geez, If I was a player for Baltimore, I would find a very tall tower, and jump off. :-o

• '19 Moderator

Yeah, they’re calling it a “Modern Baseball record”

I’ve been to a Rangers game at the Ballpark in Arlington, it wasn’t nearly as good as this one though.

• @U-505:

Actually, they set the American League record. The MLB record is held by the Cubs(before they were the Cubs) with 36 in 1897 according to ESPN.

But still, 30 runs in one game. Embarassing. Talk about killing a teams ERA.

Huh, didn’t hear that.  I guess the sports section and newscasters need to sensationalize just like all other news.  As if 30 runs isn’t enough on its own…  :roll:

• shitt fellas, the pitcher was on my fantasy team. its hard to compensate for I think 17 er’s in one start… :cry:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m