Aggressive America - how to stop it?

• Great thread!  Thanks for schooling me!!

In Classic, which I adore since '91, I always build ICs in Japan because I want armor (amor?) fast against Soviets.

IC on 1st purchase, even if it gets captured, or suffers a SBR.

I send everything possible to Pearl on the first round attack, with the sub and one TRN.

IMHO, Asia ICs negate American Aggression, in Pacific, because the appetite of Japan armor persists even if Japan must meet American naval advances.

While America is ‘aggressive’ in Pacific protecting her daughter, the Phillipines, her distant cousins, are left to flounder.  Without American support, Luftwaffe eliminates Allied shipping.

Kindly Uncle Joe, is put to an early retirement while America plays in the Pacific.

Thanks to all!

• OMFG at ‘thanks for schooling me’ I think it was clearly stated that an IC on Jap1 was very bad… You can’t go arms immediatly against the russians! You need an inf stack first and that is accomplished by buying trans and funnel over inf from Jap and/or other islands to the mainland.

• @Jennifer:

I almost never do the traditional infantry stack game until I’ve already won.

What is the point in that? I guess it rarely happens then… Most of the times you already have your inf stack otherwise you were not winning…

• 2007 AAR League

Bashir, I gotta agree with you here.

• There is only one place for Japanese cash, and that is manifest as Soldiers on the mainland, pressing Russia.  An Aggressive America can be thwarted very easily, and with useful units (i.e. an extra fighter or two, and an extra transport or two.  Japan should have at least 2 capital ships in its waters (1 bb, 1 cv) in the event of a US build up.  A mainland IC is only useful in the mid-game (IMO), and is not at all useful in the event of an aggressive America - again, IMHO.  There is nothing it can do that two trns can’t.  It can not serve as cannon fodder, nor can it get units to the mainland any faster.  It can not maneuver to block US feints towards the East Indies or Philipines, nor can it serve to land troops on Alaska if you are hoping to distract US interests from Europe.
    In the mid-late game, the Japanese mainland IC is helpful in that it helps to spread about Jap purchases (i.e. in the event that Japan builds more units than its home income would allow), and it can help with the combined assault on Russia from 3 points (i.e. India, Kwang, and Man).

• im confused…wht does U.S. have to be aggresive with?  at the gbeginning of the game that is.  I guess they can invade algeria…

• That is the whole point… They buy stuff to get aggressive with!!!

• @Jennifer:

I have a strong win/loss record, as you would know if you did any kind of legitamite research.

That is why you inserted this into your description and autograph…

‘0 Wins, 0 Draws, 0 Losses in all Clubs’

‘W/D/L count starts for new games started on 4/2/2007 since I don’t intend any more overly radical concepts, just gunna play to win.’

• @Bashir:

That is the whole point… They buy stuff to get aggressive with!!!

maybe I dont understand.  It seems like you are asking “how can I stop America from doing exactly waht its supposed to do?”
    America is going to buy stuff, and get it online as fast as possible just like any other country.

• 2007 AAR League

I kind of assumed this thread was about KJF (with America building a Pacific Navy).  Maybe I assumed too much?

• yeah, i assumes it was the same.

• @zosima:

im confused…wht does U.S. have to be aggresive with? at the gbeginning of the game that is. I guess they can invade algeria…

You were assuming they went KGF!!! From that quote, while were talking about KJF… So don’t turn this around on me so you make that I asked the ‘stupid’ question. You go for Japan first! So why should they land FFS in Algeria? You tell me boy!

If you go KJF you are going to island hop and threaten Japan itself, that is why its called KJF!

• Every game I start Japan the same way.

Round 1 = Purchase 2 trans, 3 men.
    Attack Hawaii (sz only) w/everything except transports that can go.
    Take China, and any walk-in aisian countries.
    Shuttle everything to Manchuria (don’t forget island guys)
    Have 4 transports at home and ready to go where needed.

I dictate to USA who is going to be agressive….

How do you people start with the Japs?

• Same way….wanna play?

• 2007 AAR League

This is a standard Jap opening.  Although I’ll often drop 1 trn FIC 1 trn MAN if the FIC sz is safe for a trn.

I have also tried purchasing 3 trn and doing a “Pearl Lite” of 3 fgt 1 bmb 1 sub.  Then non-combating my original 2 trn to SOL sz with 1AC 2fgt 2bb (w/4 inf 1 bmb 1 fgt on SOL).  This is a strong position from where you can strongly take AUS in round 2 while threatening WUS/MEX/HAW and Brazil in a few rounds.  I still think this move has potential but haven’t quite figured out the most optimal lines of play with it yet.

• Screw australia! That’s fools gold I tell you, fools gold!!

• Clayton, I have tried that as well. It only work if the Germans really cooperate in the atlantic. But it is seriously based on luck and that is not the way I like to play the game. If you do it right you are forcing the allies to heavily invest into their navy, that means more than just the AC the UK buys normally.

The point of that strat is to let Germany hold Africa longer than it should control it, while slowly but steady advancing to Moscow with the Japs. Buying time for Germany by stalling the allies with their shuck shuck. I must say that I am like 4-1 playing this, but I played against some guys who were not really experienced so I don’t really put much value to it. The only thing that really helps this strat is that your opponent is totally offguard if you do this move, so you have some element of surprise. The last thing I recommend doing if you play this strat, is combine Germany and Japan! If you don’t you will lose really hard, because you lose your fleet, won’t advance against Russia and won’t hold Africa… I usually bought a bomber on Ger 1 to get started this strat. (a 23 bid we always play)

• Are you drunk, bashir? 8-)

• 2007 AAR League

I also like the G1 bmb buy.  Stationing GER bombers in WEU early prevents the US from just dropping 1-2 unguarded trans in EUS each turn (as they are often prone to do).

• @Bashir:

@zosima:

im confused…wht does U.S. have to be aggresive with? at the gbeginning of the game that is. I guess they can invade algeria…

You were assuming they went KGF!!! From that quote, while were talking about KJF… So don’t turn this around on me so you make that I asked the ‘stupid’ question. You go for Japan first! So why should they land FFS in Algeria? You tell me boy!

If you go KJF you are going to island hop and threaten Japan itself, that is why its called KJF!

relax bud.  Aggresive america against japan….
    the aggressivness that hte US can do is simply to LEAN on japan and gradually wear the Japs down

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m