• Hey thanks for the Props 8)

I also have some nasty tank and inf strategies (really sick stuff)
    How To Fight a Conservitave Landwar as Gemany or Russia
    this is what you do, pump out mass inf each turn and create a conga line of stacks going to your enemy. When you have this stack all your tanks on one spot. Then you can start attacking. You attack with the whole bunch and inflict many casualties with the armor and take the hits on your inf (duh). As soon as it looks like you will be taking tanks of RETREAT!!! Even if you are about to take the territory. this may seem strange but leaving your armor by itself is very vulnerable to counter-attack (and you dont want to have to replace that armor(especially russia)). your goal is not to immediately take the land, no no, it is to cripple its counter attack forces. After your enemies defenses are thin enough you then take it with your safely preserved tanks and the next mound of inf 8) . This is an effective conservitve offense and for all those peoplewho emphisise on defense (it gives you that warm sense of security) :wink:

These are the teachings of Commissar Adam 8)

• I might even consider hitting your BB and trannie on UK 1 with the FTR and BMR and land whatever is left in Syria with 3 INF (2 from India via TRN). As soon as I got the German TRN I would retreat what was left. As an added bonus I would fly my 2 FTRs from UK to CAU as well. US 1 hits the 1 INF in West Africa, UK 2 hits Egypt with 2-3 FTRs, 1 BMR and 4 INF and by the end of UK 2 all German forces have been wiped clean of the continent and no way to get anything back over.

1 FTR might be a fair trade to take out a German TRN depending. And 2 IPCs and a post card of the pyramids doesn’t seem to balance out losing Africa in your first turn.

As for the carnival cruise to Brazil I agree with SUD that the second you peak your head out from Gibraltar it would be taken clean off. That would not stop me from highly recommending it to you if you were playing against me. . . .

These are the ramblings of me.

• I think it would be better to put all that force defending russia instead of forcing germany out of africa

• you guys do know that they were talking about the tranny from gemany’s northern side ?

also the syria/iraq sub starts south of the canal and if germany takes egypt G1 then it cannot go through because you must own both sides of a canal to travel through :-?

• Um, no. Can’t speak for SUD but I was not talking about Germany’s northern transport. I was speaking of the Geman transport in the South East Med Sea Zone. You know, the one doing the transporting of troops to Africa. The vital one. The pain in the ass. Oops. Sorry, CC, hope ass was censored

Um, no. I believe or atleast I have always played that the UK sub starts in the EMed SZ. I can’t imagine any UK player wanting it anywhere else but maybe I’m just not imaginative enough.

Geze, I believe - depending on circumstances - that Russia is perfectly capable of handling itself in the first 2 rounds. Anything Germany can throw against 19+ INF and 2 FTRs G1 and 27+, 2 FTRs G2 seems to me to doom Germany to an early Keg Stand (hosue rules for losing - actually those are the house rules for any type of punishment, we’re what you would call “mature”. No, wait, that’s “Immature”, sorry) I digress.

It would be something to think on or get a second opinion from your partners but I might attack that EMED TRN, that’s the one in the South East Sea Zone for those of you keeping score at home :wink: , and I think getting Germany out of Africa before they even have a chance is a pretty powerful blow, especially so early. Well worth making the Ruskies a little nervous.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have a keg stand to do - I forgot to take out the garbage.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m