• hey i got sudden stirike a year ago and when i first got it i loved the game. but i lost so much repect for it when i realized how powerful artillery are. and when i couldnt figure out how to get passed them i stoped playing the game. if anyone know any curves or Tactics to counter artillery can u tell me so i can get back into the game. that would be great. :)

• Download the mod for suddenstrike. (Don’t know the website, but try running a search for it). This makes Artillery less accurate and less/more powerful depending on what mod you use. The main problem I have with this game is that the defender has too much of an advantage in the game. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

• @DasEwokSS:

hey i got sudden stirike a year ago and when i first got it i loved the game. but i lost so much repect for it when i realized how powerful artillery are. and when i couldnt figure out how to get passed them i stoped playing the game. if anyone know any curves or Tactics to counter artillery can u tell me so i can get back into the game. that would be great. :)[/quote

You need a officer and a sniper to hunt the map.
    They have the best line of sight in the game.
    Once you spot his artillery, rain down with yours.

Aside from that, try downloading some of the mods that are out there.
    APM or Real Warfare.
    The artillery in both mods is totally inaccurate.

• @TG:

Download the mod for suddenstrike. (Don’t know the website, but try running a search for it). This makes Artillery less accurate and less/more powerful depending on what mod you use. The main problem I have with this game is that the defender has too much of an advantage in the game. Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Line of sight is the key in Sudden Strike.

• well what if he has Artillery but i dont and i dont have a sniper. what do i do then?

• Are you talking of the campaigns or a multi player game?
    In the campaigns: the computer cheats. Use single infantry to find his trigger points for using the artillery. Avoid them afterwards.
    Do you have bombers (prob. not, so this was more rethorical)? Otherwise, move through the map and don’t hit the triggers.

If you play another humen:
    Find out which ballons give you artillery. If he uses Katyushas and you have a quick means of striking him there instantly: You can see where the rockets are fired from (have to move quick though).

Generally: Arti can have 15 shots before they need reloading. Therefor go for the supply trucks! A single Arti puls one supply truck can win a map (a single sniper and officer will run out of ammo at some stage). They need some time for reloading, so after a volley you have to advance quickly.

• Katyushas… heehee… those were the best.

(I liked to group 3 and 4 at the same time, unleash them at the same time, and sit back to watch the fireworks :wink)

• @DasEwokSS:

well what if he has Artillery but i dont and i dont have a sniper. what do i do then?

Well, if you dont have artillery than you’re in trouble, at least in multiplayer you are.

Most games have either a officer or snpier, If you dont have a sniper, thats fine, a officer is all you really need.

Take advantage of the terrain, use ledges and bunkers or houses.

If you put one soldier in a house/bunker and click the hold fire button, it can spot the map for you with out opening fire the moment it see enemy units. The enemy will never know you are there.

The defended has a huge edge in the game. So when you do attack, group your armor together and send your infantry in first.
    They will open line of sight so your armor group can fire into the battle without moving. When your infantry is deep enough, send in you armor group.

• thnx mate :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m