• I need help with the noncombat movement rules.

I believed I was an experienced A&A player. However, after purchasing Revised Edition and playing it several times, I went through the rulebook once again and discovered a possible mistake regarding noncombat movement. I always played A&A like this: you were not allowed to move units that did not participate in combat movement (and therefore in combat) in a territory you captured during the same turn. This means you couldn’t reinforce your troops in your newly invaded territories. For example, you could not move more infantry into a territory after an unlucky battle with only few surviving tanks. You must check beforehand which units to take to the front.
    With A&A Revised it should work the same way (at least I thought so), and so I kept to this rule. In the A&A Revised rulebook, however, it is nowhere clearly mentioned that way. Instead, the rulebook says “Reinforce victorious units that have conquered territories” (page 21, Where should I move?). Seems I confused noncombat movement rules completely!

Please tell me if units are able to move into newly conquered territories and if this rule is the same with A&A and A&A revised edition.
    Thanks for your help!

Yes you may now move any Land Unit into a recently conquered Territory as long as it has not participated in combat… That is how we interpret the Rules…

GG

• Thanks for your answer.
    I guessed so.

But what about the original A&A? Were you also able to move into conquered territories?

No you weren’t… Larry changed that and although I have never used it I think it is a smart idea…

• It was also changed for the Hasbro CD version of A&A.  Not sure which came first… but when I first encountered it with the disk, it annoyed me.  But was good prep for Revised :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m