• Help, my brother is really a good player, he is sixteen, I’m sixteen too but I never won against him, I always choose Axis, and when he just creates a lot of infantry with Russia and attempts landings with UK and even when I’m able to stop his landing I’m dead against his infantry. In Pacific I always win but in Europe …

• i don’t know what you are currently trying, but a few things that might help you (i’m pretty new as well):

winning in the pacific doesn’t get you far, so do your best as japan to put pressure on russia, helping germany out.  you can even send your fighters over to europe to strengthen your ally.

german planes are very useful in the early rounds for clearing out enemy ships, slowing the landing attempts.  are you eliminating the UK battleship on round one?

maximize your income in africa.

don’t let your infantry reserves get too low.

and the general tip that is very basic but important is this:  always be aware of what the other side can do to you!  good luck.

• @12doze12:

I always choose Axis, and when he just creates a lot of infantry with Russia and attempts landings with UK and even when I’m able to stop his landing I’m dead against his infantry

Next time play as Allies and use the same strategy on him. Tell us afterwards how he countered his own strategy.  :-D

• @Hobbes:

@12doze12:

I always choose Axis, and when he just creates a lot of infantry with Russia and attempts landings with UK and even when I’m able to stop his landing I’m dead against his infantry

Next time play as Allies and use the same strategy on him. Tell us afterwards how he countered his own strategy.  :-D

LOL, actually it really didn’t worked, he managed to beat me

• yes, that’s the point.  how did he do it?  what did you learn from how he dealt with that strategy?

• @ragnarok628:

yes, that’s the point.  how did he do it?  what did you learn from how he dealt with that strategy?

I understand your suggestion, but actually he just beated me without a strategy

• You’ve said what your brother did (Russian infantry builds, UK landing in Europe), but you need to be more specific if you want to receive more specific advice.  What does he do with US?  The more specific you can be, right down to the specific combat moves, the more someone will be able to help you.

More particularly, what do you do with Germany and Japan?  What are your purchases?  What are your moves?

Need I say more?

Mace Windu Flying Jedi strategy.  FEEL THE FORCE!

• @Bunnies:

You’ve said what your brother did (Russian infantry builds, UK landing in Europe), but you need to be more specific if you want to receive more specific advice.  What does he do with US?  The more specific you can be, right down to the specific combat moves, the more someone will be able to help you.

More particularly, what do you do with Germany and Japan?  What are your purchases?  What are your moves?

Need I say more?

Mace Windu Flying Jedi strategy.  FEEL THE FORCE!

Germany? With Germany I mostly build tanks and some fighters. I try to flank SU and go for sea lion and send some infantry to Africa

and with Japan?  Fighters and transports mostly but also some other navy units. I try to take SU and UK closest territories and at the same time I try to take some of the US islands and go for Australia.

• @12doze12:

Germany? With Germany I mostly build tanks and some fighters. I try to flank SU and go for sea lion and send some infantry to Africa

and with Japan?  Fighters and transports mostly but also some other navy units. I try to take SU and UK closest territories and at the same time I try to take some of the US islands and go for Australia.

It’s probably a bit more than that.  You might be opening yourself up to brutal counterattacks.

Let’s say that you send 4 tanks to attack 3 infantry for control of a 3 IPC territory.  You kill all the infantry in one shot, and lose 2 tanks.  Sounds great, doesn’t it?  You killed 9 IPC of units (+9), gained 3 IPC from the territory, and lost 10 IPC (1 tank) in exchange.  So you went +2. (+9, +3, -10)

But suppose Russia counters with 2 infantry 1 artillery 1 fighter.  There’s a good chance you lose 2 tanks (+10 IPC to Russia), while Russia loses about 2 infantry in exchange (-6 IPC).  So there Russia went +7 (with the +3 for the territory).

Maintaining such a rate of exchange will quickly bleed Germany dry.  Sure, your attacks go plus, but if Russia’s attacks consistently have even bigger pluses, that’s bad news.

In other words - watch those expensive German tanks.  If you’re throwing them away, that’s an easy way to lose quickly.

Another comment - if Russia’s building all infantry early, you probably won’t have the power to push early with tanks unless Russia carried out a two-territory attack with lousy dice, or tried a risky triple attack.  Try a G1/G2 infantry heavy build, and switching to more tanks later, and completely cutting out the air buys.  (If you buy air, you can try to contest control of the Atlantic, but a total ground buy strategy works decently too, and is something you should probably try at least once or twice to see the differences in play).

Japan shouldn’t be buying fighters.  Assuming UK killed the Japanese fighter at Kwangtung and moved its sub at Australia to range of French Indochina’s sea zone, your J1 buy should probably be something like 1 destroyer 3 transports.  You start with 2 infantry on Phillipines, 1 on Okinawa, 1 on Wake, and 6 assorted ground on Japan (Tokyo).  You’ll pull two of those units off on J1, leaving 8 units on Japan and the surrounding islands, so a 3 transport build leaves you starting J2 with 4 transports and 8 transportable ground units.  At the end of J2, you will want Japanese transports at French Indochina in most cases; one of those can take units from East Indies (island) to French Indochina on J3, so you will want to build at least 6 ground on J2.  So on J3, you will have 6 ground on Tokyo, and 2 on East Indies; with 4 transports, you can move them all into Asia.  Slight variations include additional transport buy(s) on J2 for early attacks on Africa and Australia/New Zealand (for the last, using infantry from Solomon Islands, Caroline Islands, and New Guinea as applicable.

If you’re buying that much ground, then air’s pretty much out of the equation.

If US tries to build a big Pacific fleet, build a few subs (not fighters).  Subs are WAY cheaper than fighters, and hit very hard.  Japan starts with two battleships, two carriers, six fighters, and a bomber.  US should probably only have a battleship and transport in the Pacific at the end of J1 (and a US destroyer at Mexico).

By the way, try to take China with Japan.  The US fighter makes the US infantry a major threat.  Without the US infantry, Japan’s pretty much neutered.

You can try installing TripleA; look for Bunnies_P_Wrath; I’ll try to take you through a game.

• @Bunnies:

@12doze12:

It’s probably a bit more than that.  You might be opening yourself up to brutal counterattacks.

Let’s say that you send 4 tanks to attack 3 infantry for control of a 3 IPC territory.  You kill all the infantry in one shot, and lose 2 tanks.  Sounds great, doesn’t it?  You killed 9 IPC of units (+9), gained 3 IPC from the territory, and lost 10 IPC (1 tank) in exchange.  So you went +2. (+9, +3, -10)

But suppose Russia counters with 2 infantry 1 artillery 1 fighter.  There’s a good chance you lose 2 tanks (+10 IPC to Russia), while Russia loses about 2 infantry in exchange (-6 IPC).  So there Russia went +7 (with the +3 for the territory).

Maintaining such a rate of exchange will quickly bleed Germany dry.  Sure, your attacks go plus, but if Russia’s attacks consistently have even bigger pluses, that’s bad news.

In other words - watch those expensive German tanks.  If you’re throwing them away, that’s an easy way to lose quickly.

Another comment - if Russia’s building all infantry early, you probably won’t have the power to push early with tanks unless Russia carried out a two-territory attack with lousy dice, or tried a risky triple attack.  Try a G1/G2 infantry heavy build, and switching to more tanks later, and completely cutting out the air buys.  (If you buy air, you can try to contest control of the Atlantic, but a total ground buy strategy works decently too, and is something you should probably try at least once or twice to see the differences in play).

Japan shouldn’t be buying fighters.  Assuming UK killed the Japanese fighter at Kwangtung and moved its sub at Australia to range of French Indochina’s sea zone, your J1 buy should probably be something like 1 destroyer 3 transports.  You start with 2 infantry on Phillipines, 1 on Okinawa, 1 on Wake, and 6 assorted ground on Japan (Tokyo).  You’ll pull two of those units off on J1, leaving 8 units on Japan and the surrounding islands, so a 3 transport build leaves you starting J2 with 4 transports and 8 transportable ground units.  At the end of J2, you will want Japanese transports at French Indochina in most cases; one of those can take units from East Indies (island) to French Indochina on J3, so you will want to build at least 6 ground on J2.  So on J3, you will have 6 ground on Tokyo, and 2 on East Indies; with 4 transports, you can move them all into Asia.  Slight variations include additional transport buy(s) on J2 for early attacks on Africa and Australia/New Zealand (for the last, using infantry from Solomon Islands, Caroline Islands, and New Guinea as applicable.

If you’re buying that much ground, then air’s pretty much out of the equation.

If US tries to build a big Pacific fleet, build a few subs (not fighters).  Subs are WAY cheaper than fighters, and hit very hard.  Japan starts with two battleships, two carriers, six fighters, and a bomber.  US should probably only have a battleship and transport in the Pacific at the end of J1 (and a US destroyer at Mexico).

By the way, try to take China with Japan.  The US fighter makes the US infantry a major threat.  Without the US infantry, Japan’s pretty much neutered.

You can try installing TripleA; look for Bunnies_P_Wrath; I’ll try to take you through a game.

Thank you soo much, this really helped me, I’m goign to play with him this weekend and with this information I’m really exicted.

Thanks men !!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m