• Krieg, for clarification when Russia is not yet at war w/Euro axis, but is at war w/Japan (I know it is subject to change in the future, and I hope it does). Theoretically Russia can get a ftr/tac on a UK carrier on R2. UK could move the carrier it has w/in range or build one. If Germany or Italy attack the UK carrier w/Russian air unit on it do we follow the at sea or on land rules.

1. treat it as a naval unit and ignore the Russian air unit allowing it one movement point to get to safety in noncombat (No DOW).
    2. treat it like cargo and it is trapped on a damaged carrier, or goes down if carrier is sunk (No DOW).
    3. treat it as hostel like an at war friendly ftr on carrier (or a ftr on a land tt) allowing it to def in the air (needing an axis DOW), and after words the ftr follows normal rules if it survives.
  • Official Q&A

If the Axis power declares war on USSR, option 3; otherwise, option 1.

• Is it possible for a tank to blitz after an amphibious assault to an empty territory?

• Official Q&A

No.  Land units may not move before loading onto a transport or after unloading from one.

• I think it is clear, that a nuetral nation cannot bolster the defense of another nation. So Russia cannot land a plane on London.

If Russia is at war with Japan, but not Germany, than Russia can help Britain with Japan only. Not Germany. This would be the only rational choice in keeping with the spirit of the game in the absence of a clarification for the Global game, where Russia can be at war and also nuetral.

Eddie

• @WILD:

Krieg, for clarification when Russia is not yet at war w/Euro axis, but is at war w/Japan (I know it is subject to change in the future, and I hope it does). Theoretically Russia can get a ftr/tac on a UK carrier on R2. UK could move the carrier it has w/in range or build one. If Germany or Italy attack the UK carrier w/Russian air unit on it do we follow the at sea or on land rules.

1. treat it as a naval unit and ignore the Russian air unit allowing it one movement point to get to safety in noncombat (No DOW).
    2. treat it like cargo and it is trapped on a damaged carrier, or goes down if carrier is sunk (No DOW).
    3. treat it as hostel like an at war friendly ftr on carrier (or a ftr on a land tt) allowing it to def in the air (needing an axis DOW), and after words the ftr follows normal rules if it survives.

@Krieghund:

If the Axis power declares war on USSR, option 3; otherwise, option 1.

Good to know, thanks. (subject to change based on possible future revisions RE: Russia)

• If Russian units are on a British transport and a German force kills the transport, do the Russians die? Does Germany have to declare war on Russia to kill the transport?

• It would seem to me that Russia could not use a british transport in Europe. Though it is as war with Japan it still cannot violate any nuetrality rules with Germany. Putting an infantry unit on a UK transport to defend it against a German attack most certainly violates nuetrality. Although not an explicit rule in the Global due to it not being that specifically covered, it most certainly is an implicit rule.

Otherwise the Russian troop would have to be willing to die without forcing Germany to declare war. Germany is attacking the transport not the Russian troop.

• Official Q&A

Of course the Soviet units die - they are cargo.  Germany need not declare war on the USSR in order to attack UK ships.  The Soviets take their chances when they board a ship that’s in danger of being sunk by an enemy.

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.6m