• Is kill Australia first an option with japan? What are some of the ways you go about it? Also, what are the advantages and disadvantages in doing so?

• I have found KAF to be quite effective (i was Australia). The Japanese can get foot on land in turn 1 (1 inf only, but out of range to counter attack it), so by turn 2 all japanese fighters will join it, and more troops will be heading this way. Australie was conquered quite fast, there was not much the allies could do about it!

So yes, it is an option :)

• Nothing worse than an allied foothold in java with anzac/us fleets combined at a airbase etc…
    Knocking out anzac will benefit in the long run but the china/uk campaign would be severly affected.
    I will determine the benefit and return with results.
    AC

• In the particular game i was talking about Japan did indeed take longer to get to India (Brits and Chinese had some breathing space and succesfully pestered and slowed down the japanese, but if there is a major facory in let’s say hongKong then it is just a matter of time for  them to go down. Precious time…

• I was blinded by kill ANZAC first strat. I will admit that retaking ANZAC was not on my piority list. Due to the resources spent by Japan on ANZAC mainland Asia was a stand still back and forth over Burma. America spent its time taking Korea, built a major factory and churned out 5 stacks mech/tanks. The blinding by japan came the next round as America was about to take Shanghai japan rushed Honolulu from the south to hold and bomber blocked my tanks from blizting. I was in no shape to take either VC back. It was an interesting victory but won’t happen in my gaming group again.

• @cressman8064:

I was blinded by kill ANZAC first strat. I will admit that retaking ANZAC was not on my piority list. Due to the resources spent by Japan on ANZAC mainland Asia was a stand still back and forth over Burma. America spent its time taking Korea, built a major factory and churned out 5 stacks mech/tanks. The blinding by japan came the next round as America was about to take Shanghai japan rushed Honolulu from the south to hold and bomber blocked my tanks from blizting. I was in no shape to take either VC back. It was an interesting victory but won’t happen in my gaming group again.

1. Which side were you?
    2. Which side won?

• 1. I was America
    2. Japan won by holding 6 cities (Tokyo, Honolulu, Shanghai, Sydney, Hong Kong & Manila)

• What territory did japan take on turn 1. I have my board set up and there are a few options, but i can’t see how to do it in 2 turns, more like 3 or 4.  I count 28 air units that can join in. should be more than enough to take anzac. :evil:

• @mwindianapolis:

What territory did japan take on turn 1. I have my board set up and there are a few options, but i can’t see how to do it in 2 turns, more like 3 or 4.  I count 28 air units that can join in. should be more than enough to take anzac. :evil:

i know you’re asking cressman but… in my game Japan took western australia with 1 inf (and nothing could reach that inf to kick it out. Next turn a load of fighters joined it + a second wave if inf (forgot where from)

• @special:

@mwindianapolis:

What territory did japan take on turn 1. I have my board set up and there are a few options, but i can’t see how to do it in 2 turns, more like 3 or 4.  I count 28 air units that can join in. should be more than enough to take anzac. :evil:

i know you’re asking cressman but… in my game Japan took western australia with 1 inf (and nothing could reach that inf to kick it out. Next turn a load of fighters joined it + a second wave if inf (forgot where from)

The ANZAC fighter from Queensland could take it out. You’d also have to kill the UK trannies in sz 37 and the ANZAC tran in 62.

• @13thguardsriflediv:

@special:

@mwindianapolis:

Not necessarily. If Japan puts a BB, loaded CV, DD in that zone, ANZAC can’t use its trans to retake it. 1 DD, 1 ftr is not enough

The ANZAC fighter from Queensland could take it out. You’d also have to kill the UK trannies in sz 37 and the ANZAC tran in 62.

• @13thguardsriflediv:

@special:

@mwindianapolis:

Yes a fighter can take out the INF but the territory remains japanese, so there will still land a heap of airplanes there, which can all strike anywhere in Australia the next turn. (i don’t have a map with me so details are hard, just doing this from memory)

The aim of taking that territory is merely a closeby landingsplace.

edit: i should have mentioned it was the territory that counted not the actual inf, sorry

• use caroline fleet to take it NSW, devote planes to NSW battle, place all of your J1 build (which is all inf if you want to do this move) in NSW.

• @strategic:

use caroline fleet to take it NSW, devote planes to NSW battle, place all of your J1 build (which is all inf if you want to do this move) in NSW.

Planes can’t reach NSW, it’s 4 spaces away. You can’t build in a factory you just captured this turn

• @13thguardsriflediv:

@special:

@mwindianapolis:

if you have the fleet at the carolinas guard the inf in the sz, then it does not matter if the inf is gone, the territory is still jop, so the 28 air units can finish them off with the other 2 transports from japan

• @mwindianapolis:

@13thguardsriflediv:

@special:

@mwindianapolis:

if you have the fleet at the carolinas guard the inf in the sz, then it does not matter if the inf is gone, the territory is still jop, so the 28 air units can finish them off with the other 2 transports from japan

Exactly.

Also i remember Japan blocking the US fleet to come help Anzac on time (they had - or moved to - a DD and a CRU at Carolines that could move in if needed)

• I haven’t played the new version yet but looking at the map set up it seems like if Japan allows the American player to build up they are screwed. Japan has to attack by turn 2 at the latest(someone else besides China)…it seems to me that with skilled allied players Japan is going to have a very hard time winning in the long run unless it attacks pretty much right away. Which makes the game unbalanced either way in my mind.

• I don’t KAF, in either Pacific or Global. I use the Pacific ALpha setup and Japan attacks around J3 (maybe one later if it seems acievable).

While I don’t  try to take Australia early, I do try to destroy any navy that is around. A carrier in the carolines can often send it’s planes, with a sub and maybe another sub or a destroyer, and take out ANZAC Navy and land back on the carrier in relative saftey near the DEI (Java) or occassionally, or you can send the carrier to NSW SZ supported by a couple fo dedstroyers. I think this is very important for Japan if it delays a DOW. Of course, you cannot lose your carrier, or even take a hit on it, so you have to be careful.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m