• @Frontovik:

and i think germany needs the bulgarian troops more than italy
    perhaps south france too

but perhaps have a small attack on yugoslavia first round, i’d be cool with that. as long as the 2 transports get shipped with supplies to tobruk and cairo each round.

I think Italy could use the Bulgarian forces more. If Italy can use those troops, along with a force moving down the balkans from Northern Italy and what troops they already have in albania, the would be well poised to advance on they middle east from 2 directions(provided the 2 transports are sent to Tobruk), across Egypt and through Turkey, which would also open up a black sea/cacuasia front aginst the Soviets

• I think that Italy’s first move strictly depends on what happened on UK1.
    If German pressure on London is not too high,
    UK could easily sink the Italian fleet in SZ 95 and retain some valuable pieces there…

• Germany needs Bugaria and Southern France to build minor ICs there.
    Germany can put them to better use than Italy can.

• @oztea:

Germany needs Bugaria and Southern France to build minor ICs there.
    Germany can put them to better use than Italy can.

i abandonned the idea of IC on south france, and there are better positions in the ukraine for minor IC’s

perhaps let bulgaria be minor for italy, but i think that’s waste of 4 good inf…

• Italy should get southern France, but need to take out Egypt ASAP…build a minor IC in Egypt.  If the Italian navy gets sunk, then at least the Italians have a way to keep something going in Africa.

As for the balkans…Italy should take everything, they need the IPC’s, but its actions there should not take away whatever maximum effort they can have against Egypt.  Use the fleet(invasions, BB, etc…) against Egypt as early as possible.

• Arguably, Germany would need the Balkan IPC’s more than Italy, although since no one has played…  :roll:
    Germany is taking on Russia, France, and the bulk of the UK and US forces. Italy’s job will probably be more of a support role, using its superior position in the Med to take out the Brits and French in Africa. So, now that I think about it, the power that needs the IPC’s more depends on what strategy the Euro Axis are following. It’s hard to say anything is for certain at this point…

• @McMan:

Arguably, Germany would need the Balkan IPC’s more than Italy, although since no one has played…  :roll:
    Germany is taking on Russia, France, and the bulk of the UK and US forces. Italy’s job will probably be more of a support role, using its superior position in the Med to take out the Brits and French in Africa. So, now that I think about it, the power that needs the IPC’s more depends on what strategy the Euro Axis are following. It’s hard to say anything is for certain at this point…

I think Italy is going to be pivitol in this game. Italy needs the Balkans more then Germany. Italy starts off at 10ipc while Germanys at 30, and about to gain and extra 9ipc for France, plus the 17ipc bonus for capturing Paris. Italy will need the 5ipcs it will get from the Blakans to be able to fight Britian at all. Without this extra 5ipcs they will not be able to buy the minor IC for Egypt (should the capture it) right away(aside from saving ahead) Which will be key to Axis stratgey in the Med./Middle east

• I think Italy’s initial builds should be: 1.  Replenish(if any) what the two transports need for next turn.  2.  Naval(not sure what though) to defend against any possible near future naval/air strike, which could be very little depending on UK moves, so possibly no naval builds, and 3.  Save IPC’s in light of future construction of the IC in Egypt, and future builds in Egypt(tanks, and the odd INF).

• britain plays before italy. will british be possible to take out piece of italian navy?
    and should italy take south france and kill french navy there?

• I assume the German player will destroy the French DD and CA in SZ91 on their first turn.  The UK could make an ill advised attack on the Italian fleet, and might not destroy anything(flip the BB?) and in return lose a FTR and a TAC.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m