• Tonight will be my first game with Europe 1940 and I will be the Allies. I need some good tips as this is my first game.
    I am a veteran A&A players over the years. I need some good stratagie’s for tonight.  Thanks.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Don’t give up Novogord without a fight.

Watch for sea lion.

Keep that french fighter of yours SAFE, for a bail you out, can opener  between the Italian and German Turn.

Get to Gibraltar with America,  setup the shuck, and SLAM the Italians HARD, turn after turn.

Deal with sub interdictions as early as possible.  Make the painful choice to build that destroyer, before you get interdiction for 8 turns worth of money.

Remember to make the Germans attack YOU on the eastern front,  and fight their infantry, with plans and your OWN infantry.  Do your damndest to keep Sz125 clear, use the brits to do it.  The Germans will be hard pressed to keep putting ships there.

Norway, from Gibraltar, or Denmark, are GOOD grabs,  and sometimes, if you have british transports available… a denmark capture by the US, means a UK liberation of BERLIN. :)

Africa is a sideshow…  the Middle East, will require a Russian contingent (3 arm, 3 inf or mec) earlier rather than later.

NEVER leave planes on AC’s if an airbase is nearby…

In the event your American Fleet is equal or greater in size to the Italian fleet, park at MALTA.

The Italians can’t defend there capital with navy,  and will be hard pressed to build a superstack in ROME.  Not to mention you threaten egypt… or the convoy rich area - between Yugoslavia and rome.

Also… the best way to WAX the Italians, is just to focus on their NO’s.  Simply make sure, that they don’t get them, and regardless of what they’ve got, they’ll go broke.

Build 1 bomber at some point with Russia…  the options it gives you later in life, will please you, and you will come here and thank me for it later.

Never forget, that southern russian planes… can sometimes nuke Italian Navies :P

what else…

Don’t ever capture paris - you’ll see why.

Advertise to your opponent, if you want to stress him out, all your “Possible angles” of attack…  all the territories you can take… he’ll likely try to underdefend everything, and forget what actually matters.

• All solid advice!

@Gargantua:

Norway, from Gibraltar, or Denmark, are GOOD grabs,  and sometimes, if you have british transports available… a denmark capture by the US, means a UK liberation of BERLIN. :)

Actually, it can be done the other way: if UK takes Denmark, USA can go through for Berlin in the same round, before Germany has a chance to take Denmark back.

Not in alpha +2….

because the germans/italians will get the chance to take denmark back, after the british go.

• @Gargantua:

Advertise to your opponent, if you want to stress him out, all your “Possible angles” of attack…  all the territories you can take… he’ll likely try to underdefend everything, and forget what actually matters.

Why wouldn’t you take Paris?  It’s not really that difficult, and every turn you don’t take it you’re denying yourself France’s IPCs and letting them build up more (probably not a huge amount, but it’s so easy to stop early).

• i think he means as the allies, you dont want to liberate paris, because germany could probably take it back to gain their capital again, and it denies you from receiving any IPCs from french tts

• @Gargantua:

Not in alpha +2….

because the germans/italians will get the chance to take Denmark back, after the British go.

Fair enough, but Petebu didn’t mention any Alpha+2 so i assumed it is OOB there, so no Germans inbetween UK & USA.

As for Italy, If their position is right, they can indeed still take Denmark back in OOB, UK should obviously count in how much Italy can throw on Denmark (and how many UK ground troops will survive after invading it) and decide if it is worth the risk.

• TripleA

@Ruanek:

@Gargantua:

Why wouldn’t you take Paris?  It’s not really that difficult, and every turn you don’t take it you’re denying yourself France’s IPCs and letting them build up more (probably not a huge amount, but it’s so easy to stop early).

Depending on who you capture Paris with, when you do it, and when the Axis takes it back, it could be bad. For example, if Great Britain liberates France (their capital, not the other territories), Italy can ignore it. If the US doesn’t have a lot of units to reinforce it, France will collect their income of X IPCs. Then, on Germany’s turn, they can take France back, not only gaining back the income of the actual territory, but also getting all the IPCs that France is holding at that time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m