• Have a question. This applies to A&A Pacific 1940. Let’s say the US has 1 BB, 1 AC, 1 CC, 1 DD & 2 Subs in SZ6 surrounding Japan. Japan attacks w/a whole bunch of air, 1 AC(brought along to absorb hits) & is also invading w/2 Transports loaded w/troops. The Jap player asks the US player if he wants his subs to fight or submerge. The US player says obviously fight b/cuz his subs can only hit the AC. At some point in the battle, all the US surface ships are gone, due to the Jap air, the Jap AC is gone but the US subs remain b/cuz no one could hit them. What happens next?

Can the Jap Trans ignore the subs?

Do the Jap Trans automatically die?

Do the US Subs get one shot at the Jap Trans. I’m confused as to exactly what happens.

Thanks!

• Official Q&A

@Commando:

Have a question. This applies to A&A Pacific 1940. Let’s say the US has 1 BB, 1 AC, 1 CC, 1 DD & 2 Subs in SZ6 surrounding Japan. Japan attacks w/a whole bunch of air, 1 AC(brought along to absorb hits) & is also invading w/2 Transports loaded w/troops. The Jap player asks the US player if he wants his subs to fight or submerge. The US player says obviously fight b/cuz his subs can only hit the AC. At some point in the battle, all the US surface ships are gone, due to the Jap air, the Jap AC is gone but the US subs remain b/cuz no one could hit them. What happens next?

Can the Jap Trans ignore the subs?

No.  Subs can only be ingored during movement.  Once you attack them, you give up that option.

@Commando:

Do the Jap Trans automatically die?

Not unless they can’t retreat.  If they are able to retreat, they may do so.  If they stay, they die.

@Commando:

Do the US Subs get one shot at the Jap Trans. I’m confused as to exactly what happens.

No.  Sub shots only occur during movement phases.  Retreats happen during the Conduct Combat phase.  The subs already had their chance during combat.

• Commando Brado, wow this was a bad predicament to be in. I’m assuming that Japan was in allied hands and this was a last ditch effort to get it back (it gets one turn to do so). Boy did you get screwed by not having any ships that could take out those US subs, or force them to submerge. I didn’t think much of the a/c not having an attack value any more til now.

Edit: The only other scenario I could see where you would want to bring Jap transports into sz 6 combat is you still have Japan, and are trying to liberate Korea.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m